Thread: etc not 100% and 33% with key on not running

Potential Tuner

etc not 100% and 33% with key on not running

not new to tuning, however, i have two vehicles that i have noticed the etc is at 80% at wot and 20-33% with key on and not running. any help

thats very normal

there are 2 different PID's for throttle position... one of them will show 100% at WOT, the other will not.
    try the other Throttle position PID.
    -Scott -

Potential Tuner
    thanks. i will check that out

Senior Tuner
    Throttle Position % (SAE) is the actual opening of the throttle blade, that is normal between ~15% up to 88% (WOT). That is what the ECM will open the throttle body to to keep the engine running at idle or what you request for operation. If you want to log what you are commanding like a typical TPS value (0% to 100%), log ETC Pedal Position (%).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS View Post
    Throttle Position % (SAE) is the actual opening of the throttle blade, that is normal between ~15% up to 88% (WOT). That is what the ECM will open the throttle body to to keep the engine running at idle or what you request for operation. If you want to log what you are commanding like a typical TPS value (0% to 100%), log ETC Pedal Position (%).
    SO in the option to disable the ACC (& and other options) at 98% TP which reading is it going to use?
    Last edited by Mr. Smelly Gas; 11-06-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS View Post
    I thought the Throttle position % (SAE) was the duty cycle of the sensor. I thought (although could be wrong) that the pedal sensor was a duty cycle sensor rather than a Pot type sensor so that if you got a short in the wiring the engine will recognise a fault rather than think you're commanding WOT when you're not. I work on diesel trucks for a living and thats how they work on trucks.
    Last edited by Xjas; 11-07-2011 at 03:23 AM.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.