Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: mpvi pro standalone wideband logging

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zo6 4 Me View Post
    I'm not sure how to set that up with my wide band? I also don't get why HPT is taking so long to fix this issue?
    Searching should result in more info however, you tap your wideband logging wire into the your reference wire for either EGR or AC.

Then when logging you Lof your AC or EGR signal which will then be your WB reference.

As for HPT fixing this; I think (this is just MY OWN Speculation )its due to being a Hardware issue, Maufacturer changed up the Interface.
    Now they will need a Firmware update, which if done incorrectly can render your unit inop.

When 2.24 comes out, it will also require a firmware update, so HPT will do it all at one time in order to cut down of corrupted units.

AGAIN this is just MY OWN Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Searching should result in more info however, you tap your wideband logging wire into the your reference wire for either EGR or AC.

Then when logging you Lof your AC or EGR signal which will then be your WB reference.

As for HPT fixing this; I think (this is just MY OWN Speculation )its due to being a Hardware issue, Maufacturer changed up the Interface.
    Now they will need a Firmware update, which if done incorrectly can render your unit inop.

When 2.24 comes out, it will also require a firmware update, so HPT will do it all at one time in order to cut down of corrupted units.

AGAIN this is just MY OWN Speculation
    That doesn't fly because some of us have units that used to work. Its disabled in the software. Might be accurate for new units but not the rest of us. Assuming it is accurate for newer units, maybe the software could read the hardware and enable or disable based on new or old?

I dunno. Keith told me ages ago that a fix was due in days. I no longer believe they know how to fix it.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT, IHRA Modified, NHRA Pro ET

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    I dunno. Keith told me ages ago that a fix was due in days. I no longer believe they know how to fix it.
    Low blow, these are the times where I think my lucky stars I'm not a software designer
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    That doesn't fly because some of us have units that used to work. Its disabled in the software. Might be accurate for new units but not the rest of us. Assuming it is accurate for newer units, maybe the software could read the hardware and enable or disable based on new or old?

Well if they have had to rewrite the Software to accommodate the new hardware it is still plausible.
    this is just MY OWN Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Low blow, these are the times where I think my lucky stars I'm not a software designer
    Not meant to be Bill. I have great respect for all of your team. I've worked in the IT industry and I know bug fixes can be elusive, sometimes impossible. It has been a long time though, and really not much word from the team about this issue. That leads me to believe they simply can't find the fix. If that's the case, I can live with it. I put a police type laptop mount in my car because I need to log and I have only one seat so no way of securing the laptop. Not meant to as an insult, just one possible scenario.

Well this sucks... I had no idea about this issue when I shelled out the extra cash for the pro. And I thought diablo had shady staff

Tuner
    i purposely bought pro also for this single feature a few months ago. i chose hp tuners over EFI live specifically because the hp tuners has more transmission adjustment. Needless to say i was dissapointed when i found out that it did not work. without the extra ports to log my wideband day, the extra money i paid for Pro basically went down the toilet.

Worst part is alot of the responses i see in this thread about this read: "why do you need to do that anyways?"

who cares why i want or need to.
    i paid extra for this feature to log extra data sources, and it doesnt work.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Firmware is being finished up and should be tested and released next week for the newer interfaces affected by the SPI chip issue.

Sorry... but this ^^^ kinda makes me think otherwise.

Don't get me wrong,... i know nothing about tuning and much less about the variety competitor programs. I decided to put my money into HPT because of the name and REPUTATION it has among the GM fanbase. But selling something that doesn't actually work and NOT disclosing anything about it... ... ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis350 View Post
    Sorry... but this ^^^ kinda makes me think otherwise.

Don't get me wrong,... i know nothing about tuning and much less about the variety competitor programs. I decided to put my money into HPT because of the name and REPUTATION it has among the GM fanbase. But selling something that doesn't actually work and NOT disclosing anything about it... ... ...
    There are two things going on here, both are completely separate from one another.

a. we recently found our chip supplier changed id's on the memory chip so we are creating a new firmware update to fix this issue so standalone datalogging works on the interfaces affected(which is very few in the grand scheme of things).
    b. analog inputs disabled in the beta software

As stated the firmware is pretty much done and we just need to integrate it into the software.

Either way a and b are completely separate issues handled by completely separate individuals within our company.

Advanced Tuner
    There are two things going on here, both are completely separate from one another.

b. analog inputs disabled in the beta software
    Why are the disabled? Just turn them on?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    To support dodge we had to rewrite the scanner code from the ground up, its not as simple as one or two lines of code that needs to be tweaked.

Advanced Tuner
    To support dodge we had to rewrite the scanner code from the ground up, its not as simple as one or two lines of code that needs to be tweaked.
    Gotcha. Screw Dodge... Just kidding...

Just my speculation... To avoid disappointing the Dodge base, HPT has chosen to disappoint their GM base?

The good news to me is that it seems like we are at least getting a response and a very vague status update. This is much better that the stone wall that we have been dealing with for the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetracr View Post

The good news to me is that it seems like we are at least getting a response and a very vague status update. This is much better that the stone wall that we have been dealing with for the last two years.
    I agree completely, most happy to see some answers. Thanks for addressing it Bill!

Tuner
    Can someone please explain the entirety of this issue? I have serial 1107XXXXXX which is a "Pro" version, but I have not until recently tried to "Standalone Data Log". Does this issue cause everyone using the latest betas (using 2.23.621) to not be able to standalone at all? Or is this issue only that you cannot log external inputs (ie wideband)? Does this only affect certain widebands (I have an AEM and LC-1)?

I followed the instruction in the help file;

1. Key your vehicle into the run position.
    2. Connect your interface to your vehicle's obd2 port and to your laptop's usb port.
    3. Open VCM Suite Scanner and open your Table(Primary) Display.
    4. Click the connect icon.
    5. Add or delete any PID's you want.
    6. Save your config for later use(optional).
    7. Click Scan-MPVI Pro Data Logging.
    8. Click Write Config-Yes.
    9. Unplug the USB connector from your laptop.
    10. Start vehicle if not already running.
    11. Press and Hold the Record button for ~2 seconds to start recording.
    12. Press and Hold the Stop button for ~2 seconds when your finished to stop recording.

But I do not ever get a record light and after checking the interface, I do not show that anything was recorded. I have also removed from my table any EIO inputs and rewrote the interface again (followed the above procedure), but still get nothing.
    2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 E40 6 Speed Manual
    2007 Pontiac G5-GT 2.4L LE5 E67 5 Speed Manual

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dtabbs View Post
    Can someone please explain the entirety of this issue? I have serial 1107XXXXXX which is a "Pro" version, but I have not until recently tried to "Standalone Data Log". Does this issue cause everyone using the latest betas (using 2.23.621) to not be able to standalone at all? Or is this issue only that you cannot log external inputs (ie wideband)? Does this only affect certain widebands (I have an AEM and LC-1)?

2. Connect your interface to your vehicle's obd2 port and to your laptop's usb port.
    12. Press and Hold the Stop button for ~2 seconds when your finished to stop recording.

But I do not ever get a record light and after checking the interface, I do not show that anything was recorded. I have also removed from my table any EIO inputs and rewrote the interface again (followed the above procedure), but still get nothing.
    mine also does not work at all when disconnected. it doesnt record anything.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
    mine also does not work at all when disconnected. it doesnt record anything.
    Email support.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtabbs View Post

Standalone datalogging should work fine on your interface. You should be able to use 2.22 without issue with your interface.

Tuner
    Standalone datalogging should work fine on your interface. You should be able to use 2.22 without issue with your interface.
    Bill, how about while using 2.23.621 which all of my tune files are in now and allows me to just write calibration only instead of having to do a write entire everytime I want to update a tune on my LE5 E67?