Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: mpvi pro standalone wideband logging

Tuner in Training
    This seems to be similar to the trouble I've been having with PLX Devices AFR-wideband. I have sent it back 3 times, and they still say nothing is wrong with it. I have discovered on my own that there is a short between the device and the gauge (likely within the device's female connection) that causes erratic reading and freezing. I can't believe they didn't find it. Just shows that once they got your money, you're on your own.

Potential Tuner
    BUMP!

Can we at least get some kind of response to support the illusion that this is actually being worked on. A year for a software upgrade is insane.

Do the new units have this problem? Are the new customers being made aware that one of the features that they paid a great deal of money for has no hope of working?

At this point there needs to either be some kind of committed time frame to get this corrected or offer a different path to resolution.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1madss View Post
    BUMP!

Can we at least get some kind of response to support the illusion that this is actually being worked on. A year for a software upgrade is insane.

Do the new units have this problem? Are the new customers being made aware that one of the features that they paid a great deal of money for has no hope of working?

At this point there needs to either be some kind of committed time frame to get this corrected or offer a different path to resolution.
    Email support.

Will standalone datalogging of AFR work with the Beta now?

I have an LC1 permanently wired into my offroad rig and cable and there is no way to have a laptop in the car while I drive....

Last I tried, no.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT, IHRA Modified, NHRA Pro ET

Anybody know why this is taking such an insanely long time?
    I bought my Pro with version 2.22 in the spring of 2009 and we are still running Beta version 2.23 in 2012??? Another thread on here mentions each version cycle is supposed to take 6 months and now we are at three years....

I know i am sticking my head into a beehive here, but:
    HpTuners people - why don't you draw the line and make the 2.24 public with all current functions and coverage and then start the 2.25 beta for the new stuff??

This is an excellent piece of software, but right now I am soon forced to buy a second laptop just to have one version on each computer....

Since many people have to use this 2.23 beta (for how many years now???) but have had this "feature" disabled, this issue is getting beyond ridiculous! I guess that will become functional when 2.24 is ready. At the rate it's going, that will be in 2018, if not later.

Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.

i cant get anything to do with the scanner to work what im i doing wrong?? i have the 2.23 beta

Is there some technical problem that makes the standalone WB datalogging impossible on the Beta? Or is it just for some "safety" reason that it is switched off?
    Anybody know?

More people need to yell about this issue!!

I spent this past Thur. at a local circle track tuning two cars.

This starts the 3rd season with this paid for "feature" disabled!! WTF??

NOT FUN putting the laptop with padding and bungee cords into a gutted, caged race car!!

Good engineering is simply finding the right wrench to pound in the correct screw.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The current beta has the firmware fix.

The software fix I'm working on now. It is one of my top priorities.
    Top priority? Man I'd hate see it if it was on the back burner...

Potential Tuner
    Wow! I spent two days reconfiguring my inputs and now I find it is the program...

Sure would be nice if HPT would give us some indication of what's going on with this.

Advanced Tuner
    A lot of tracks won't allow laptops in the cars in certain classes so you have nothing to log with.

Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ06 View Post
    A lot of tracks won't allow laptops in the cars in certain classes so you have nothing to log with.
    Very true. At the bracket finals last year the IHRA official made me pull mine out.

For the REAL answer to this issue.....

Go to www.weather.com..... For location, enter HELL. If you see a FREEZE WARNING issued......

This will indicate that a fix for this is imminent!

Those of us who have purchased HP Tuners have been more than patient about getting Stand Alone Datalogging of WBO2 working again. This has been well over a year if not 2 years. This is a feature we have paid for. We have been promised that this was "Number 1 Priority", "almost ready" and "soon to be released"

I need this feature for an event I want to run this spring.

HP Tuners: What is the truth about this issue? When can we expect to get what we all paid for A LONG TIME AGO?

Does EFI Live offer stand alone data logging of WBO2 inputs for GMPP VCM's? I don't want to change tuner vendors and be forced to relearn another product but I will if I have to. Cut the BS and tell us the truth.

We are all (hopefully) adults. If you don't plan to or are unable to reenable this feature tell us. We can then deal with reality instead of some mythical date someday in the future.

Advanced Tuner
    It's downright comical that NO ONE from HpTuners will respond in this thread.

What he said ^^^^

Advanced Tuner
    Guys we need a response on this topic.

Customers like me who have spent a large amount of money with HpTuners deserve to get what we are promised and pay for.