Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: mpvi pro standalone wideband logging

Thanks for the clarification Bill. At least we now know that you folks have been reading this thread.

In the several years I've owned and enjoyed your product, I've always been quite impressed with HPT's support and responsiveness. Until now.

We fully appreciate and understand a policy of not promising firm delivery dates. The nature of developing software makes a firm delivery date very difficult to predict. I get it.

On the other hand, I need this feature to attempt a 200 MPH straightaway speed this summer. I am simply not willing to try strapping a laptop into the car, even if the tech inspectors would let me try.

Many of your customers paid for this funcitionality. I am not your only customer that wants/needs this. You advertise that it is available. We have not been able to use it for well over 18 months.

Is it unreasonable that we politely and respectfully ask HPT for the status of your efforts to re enable this feature? I think not.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetracr View Post
    On the other hand, I need this feature to attempt a 200 MPH straightaway speed this summer....
    If the chip/firmware thing was your only issue, update it and log. What external inputs are you trying to stand alone datalog at 200MPH? I'd think you would have your AFR nailed down before even attempting anything like that. What's wrong with logging external inputs on a dyno? If anything it would be easier not to mention safer, as you could actually glance down at the screen while just simulating some insane speed.

You can always configure the EGR input in the scanner and log wideband through that (5V) input. You have to associate the input as AFR in a user defined PID. It can be a tick slower in some instances than the EIO, but it's useable if this something that you really need.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Good solution... But it should work in the first place right?
    Thanks,

Dustin

Thanks Dr. N and Frost. I've been out of town and off the Internet.

Yes I think that my AFR is correct. However it is impossible to simulate 15 to 20 seconds or more of full throttle and high revs plus most importantly 200 MPH air flows around the car on a chassis dyno/wind tunnel. If anyone knows of a chassis dyno installed in a wind tunnel that will do this AND I can afford, please let me know.

Frost: Your suggestion is a great idea. I'll try to find a sticky about this.

Old versions of 2.23 Beta did support stand alone WBO2 for my GMPP E67 VCM. I asked support if they could send a suitable old release of 2.23 B but was told that they don't keep old versions. I had deleted versions that are more than one rev old on my laptop to save disk storage.

Asylumwarp: "But it should work in the first place right?" I agree 100% but what bothers me the most is a complete lack of response from HPT about this issue.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetracr View Post
    Old versions of 2.23 Beta did support stand alone WBO2 for my GMPP E67 VCM. I asked support if they could send a suitable old release of 2.23 B but was told that they don't keep old versions. I had deleted versions that are more than one rev old on my laptop to save disk storage.

Asylumwarp: "But it should work in the first place right?" I agree 100% but what bothers me the most is a complete lack of response from HPT about this issue.
    Which version do you need? I have quite a few (40+) previous beta releases saved on my laptop.

I don't know when this feature was disabled but will try to determine an approximate date from datalogs that I may have saved. I will send a PM later today. Thanks for the offer Sam88GTA1. This may well solve my problem. Thanks again.

Sam88gta1
    I can't determine whether my logs came from my laptop in normal street driving or the stand alone function on track. I do have a log taken on September 19, 2010 that is clearly from the stand alone funtion. The question is which version of 2.23 Beta this came from and how old my 2.23B was at that time.

If you have a 2.23 beta that was from the May, June or July of 2010 time frame, I think this would work. PM sent with my email address.

Thanks a ton.

John

I'll add my voice to the crowd... it's ridiculous that I upgraded interfaces thinking this would be a feature I could use, and I can't.
    2004 Pontiac GTO IBM/M6/black 1 of 323
    Torquer V2 112lsa
    SLP LTs
    BC Racing Coilovers

Tuner in Training
    new user here, tried to use the feature this morning only to find out that it doesnt work yet!

And from reading your comments looks like there isnt a clear response yet!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshhh View Post
    new user here, tried to use the feature this morning only to find out that it doesnt work yet!

And from reading your comments looks like there isnt a clear response yet!
    Please email support so can make sure you receive the correct update when ready.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

jeeze every time i come across this thread it drives me nutts!
    tsp LQ9 408, wiesco -10cc, ls7s cam,tsp 5.3Lheads ,stock rockers with upgraded trunions,BBK intake manifold;ported polished intake runners,80MM Tb,haltech CAI,Longtubes,RPM full drivetrain,3:15 gears.

Advanced Tuner
    Bill, does this mean you guys fixed the issue? does the latest beta 2.23.608 fix this issue?
    Thanks,

Dustin

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asylumwarp View Post
    Bill, does this mean you guys fixed the issue? does the latest beta 2.23.608 fix this issue?
    Does what mean we fixed the issue? No the issue is still ongoing as far as I know and I will email anyone that has emailed me regarding the issue once it is fixed.

Advanced Tuner
    Instead of support having to individually send out emails to people that requested it, why not just post it up as a fix so we can get it right away? But if emailing is the process, so be it.
    Thanks,

Dustin

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It takes me 2 seconds to email everyone thats emailed us thats a non issue really. I, or one of the owners, will post in this thread that the fix is available. I won't be posting the beta link in this thread.

Tuner in Training
    Bill can you give me supports email address so I can get the fix when its ready?
    Also, can I reload my 2.22 so I can log AFR's with the stand alone, or will none of my tune files work the were made with the Beta? The reason I ask is I really need to log AFR's at the drags this weekend and they won't allow a laptop in the car when runnig down the track.
    Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    support at hptuners.com

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zo6 4 Me View Post
    ....... I really need to log AFR's at the drags this weekend and they won't allow a laptop in the car when runnig down the track.
    Thanks
    Log through the EGR or AC ckt of your PCM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Log through the EGR or AC ckt of your PCM.
    I'm not sure how to set that up with my wide band? I also don't get why HPT is taking so long to fix this issue?