Thread: New to tuning for 5.3L LM7 2002

New to tuning for 5.3L LM7 2002

I have a new tune that I am having some issues with. The Jeep seems to be loading up at a red light and pops and then runs good. It seems to be getting worst as the weather warms up.

Config is 1988 Jeep with a LM7 5.3L motor out of a 2002 silverado with a 4L60E transmission transfer case is a NP 231. headers and cold air intake. Differs are 4:10 gears on 33's (32.2 tall)

after a ton of reading this week end I found that the HP tuner has a lot more tools than I knew of so today I will start working on that side. I would like it if some one could look over to see if I missed any thing obvious.
    This tool rocks I thought I had a good handle on motors this is completly different than I have worked with so please understand this is like starting over. And yes I am looking at a couple shops that do tunes which I may have to go to. But I want to try first. Thanks
    Last edited by Darrel; 02-22-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: adding the config file

Am I doing some thing incorrect here ? Or is there additional information needed?

Ok I understand I did not place the config file in the folder.
    Last edited by Darrel; 02-22-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Bump

I am not asking any one to tune or provide the answers, I would like some one to give me some feedback please (Ok some thing other than sell it and take up knitting ) thanks
    Darrel

Check for burnt O2 sensor wiring on the headers. Then replace the front O2 sensors.

Russ Kemp

Thank you I will look at the wiring, when I drove it I saw the O2 toggling on the scanner. Thank you
    Darrel

All the wires are tie strapped away and have no burn marks on the wiring. for my understanding what made you think some thing was incorrect with the front two O2"s. I have disabled the rear O2 sensors via the ECU.

because of the wild swings in your trims. i think you may have two problems either exhaust leak , bad o2's and some ve tuning, but until you get your mechanical stuff sorted out you won't get the ve in line. jeep on brother
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

Robbyredneck thank you the jeep is to go in for dyno tuning this week. I had known of a small exhaust leek that I told myself was not importaint. So I will correct that and then send it in. I can not thank you enough.

you bet. let us know.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro