Thread: Copy over All

Tuner in Training

Copy over All

Ok I am new to all of this. I have a 2005 GTO Engine and Harness that will be transplanted into..... Something, I guess whatever personal project I get finished first. Anyway the Questoin.

Like I said I have the engine and trans form a 2005 auto GTO I have purchased a harness to run the whole thing. The thing is I have a 2006 Trailblazer computer because I wanted to have the cruise feature for later. So I have downloaded a stock 2005 GTO tune from the repository, Can I just use the copy feature to copy the stock GTO tune over the Trailblazer tune? If I do this is there anything else I will need to look out for?

There are 534 Mail File Parameters (Trailblazer)
    There are 536 Compare File Parameters (GTO)
    With 512 Parameters Compared at 159 Differences

Should I be worried about the 2 Parameters that the trail blazer does not have? Are all of the Parameters the same? and why does it not compare all of the parameters?

Thanks for any information.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Because the two operating systems, obviously different, have different tables, some might have different axes, some tables might be in one operating system but not in another & vice versa.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    is there any way of knowing what is missing/different from one to the other?
    .... What tables might be in one but not the other.

I have created a seperate file and copied all of the parameters from the GTO to the Trailblazer computer and turned off the VATS. Is there something else I should look for?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    covered in the help file www.hptuners.com/help and is a must read for anyone just learning how to use our product.

Why you would copy over an entire tune from two completely different vehicles is beyond me, I will say that.

Just because you copy over 100-200 tables does not a gto tune make

Tuner in Training
    Well I copied over a different file not the original form a different vehicle, because I have the GTO engine but the Trailblazer computer which are both LS2 based. Again I am new to all of this and have gone through the help pages dealing with copying parameters, admittedly I did not fully understand them at the time I posted my question. I just wanted a base starting point with this project as I am teaching myself as I go.

Now the only two things I can see different in my new file from the GTO is the GTO has an Air Pump disable and MAF Frequency Patch. The rest of the tune seems to me like it has all of the other properties the same.

Because the compare feature did not show me these differences (Air Pump, MAF Patch) I actually opened a second editor window and did my own compare in navigation view with a split screen.

Then out of curiosity I compared the original Trailblazer tune with an exact copy of it called Trailblazer 2 and had the came type of thing happen to me

534 main file parameters
    534 compare file parameters
    but only 514 parameters Compared... So this is now the only part I am not understanding I think, why would it not compare all of the parameters of a file that is the exact same? Does this have to do with it not comparing main parameter folders?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What you are doing is NOT advised. If you are trying to use a GTO drivetrain in a GTO have the pcm flashed with a GTO file.

/thread.

Tuner in Training
    This is an engine swap, not into a GTO. The trailblazer pcm supports the cruise from the PCM where as the GTO's cruise was in the BCM, I have been told not to re flash the PCM to a GTO because it looses the cruise feature that is why I was sold the Trailblazer computer with my harness. Maybe I am getting bad information. I have not written anything to the PCM yet this is why I am asking the questions I am, I do not want to cause any problems.

Tuner in Training
    Any other thoughts on this?