Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruze 1.4T Tuning?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by LS4FTL View Post
    Same.

Not to dig at the company itself but I don't see a lot of forward thinking around here, seems like everything is reactive to demand and/or customer requests which is a play it safe method at the same time it creates these huge lag times in development once enough interest is gauged. This car has been around for 2+ years now and still no support...on an ECOTEC platform, really? May sound a bit crass here but I just think you guys could do a lot better, even extending to the GUI VCM scanner level. Being an electronics engineer myself I see a ton of minor things that could make the software product so much better.

No - I'm not looking for a job! Just one guys opinion
    Unfortunately its not always easy sourcing newer pcm's right out of the gate and we've been working pretty steadily on dodge for the last couple of years, not to mention releasing ford aust. and keeping up with our current lineup. Additionally some of these pcm's I wasn't even aware of until well after their release as its not always easy to keep track of every new vehicle being released, once we found out about them we put out some feelers to get some pcm's sourced to no avail, finally got an E78 about a year ago but had been knee deep in dodge so couldn't find free time to start on them until a few months ago and as Chris mentioned its changed alot from E38/E67 so its alot of learning on our end. If this stuff were easy everybody would do it
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Is HPT just a lot smaller company than the other guys (ie. less people, etc)?
    Pretty confident we offer support for more pcm's than the "other guys" you have to remember we offer support for 97 GM v6, 98 GM v6, P04, P05a, P05b, and several flavors of alloytech pcm's, bosch 2.0t applications, NGC3 dodge, Ford Oak 1024k, Ford Oak 2048k, Ford Oak 1536k, Ford Oak 1472k, as well as a few others. Between those that equates to about 2,000 operating systems we cover.

-Bill

so we are looking at about a week to go? :-)

unless anything major happens i think 1-2 weeks is likely
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    unless anything major happens i think 1-2 weeks is likely
    so does that mean you will also be releasing general support for the t76 used on the 6 speed auto's throughout gm's line of fwd cars as well or just for the 6t30 in the cruze.

Does the Cruze have a factory wideband? I read the LNF does, how does this factor into the tuning process? How do you log wideband readings?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by j27 View Post
    so does that mean you will also be releasing general support for the t76 used on the 6 speed auto's throughout gm's line of fwd cars as well or just for the 6t30 in the cruze.
    No.

Does the Cruze have a factory wideband? I read the LNF does, how does this factor into the tuning process? How do you log wideband readings?
    If it does have factory wideband it will show as lambda in the scanner till you max custom pid to show a gas afr or e how ever you set your stoich.

Quote Originally Posted by j27 View Post
    it should follow soon after.
    I count sheep in hex...

The Sonic for sure doesn't have a factory wideband. Well, let me put it this way.. the up and downstream o2's are 4 wires anyway. If anyone knows different please post, but I'm pretty confident on that.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_racer View Post
    If it does have factory wideband it will show as lambda in the scanner till you max custom pid to show a gas afr or e how ever you set your stoich.
    I'd prefer to leave it as lambda if it is.... Won't know for a few more days it seems.... :-)

Tuner in Training
    I'm getting the butterflies in my stomach, this use to happen only on Christmas morning as a kid but now it's when I see a new mod coming...I think I need to talk to someone.

Anyways... release this week?! C'mon if we chip in $10 a piece, can we squeeze in like 4 hours of overtime? Wait, you are probably salary, what kind of beer do you like?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    these little monsters are gonna be a blast to drive.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I'm getting the butterflies in my stomach, this use to happen only on Christmas morning as a kid but now it's when I see a new mod coming...I think I need to talk to someone.

Anyways... release this week?! C'mon if we chip in $10 a piece, can we squeeze in like 4 hours of overtime? Wait, you are probably salary, what kind of beer do you like?
    i am definitely tired of the cruze guys having only one go to option for a tune. it's killing me!!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Pretty sure Chris is a heineken guy

Do us all a favor and wait until AFTER he's done before sending gifts of alcohol. I don't think having him drink and code at the same time is the best of ideas

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Pretty sure Chris is a heineken guy

Do us all a favor and wait until AFTER he's done before sending gifts of alcohol. I don't think having him drink and code at the same time is the best of ideas
    In my experiences slight to moderate levels of alcohol consumption has the potential lift "coders block" and foster new found ideas, motivation and lift ones "spirit". Too much spirit lifting however could be an issue. No pun(s) intended?

In all seriousness, happy hour is the best problem solver!

Drinks on you then? Haha
    Last edited by LS4FTL; 05-30-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Tuner in Training
    i am definitely tired of the cruze guys having only one go to option for a tune. it's killing me!!!!
    I agree, Vince does have a good product though (for the Cruze, can't speak for other tunes) to be honest, he's refined his Cruze tune well for those who don't want to DIY. I had considered opting in and getting it early on but I knew I would be unlocking via HPTuners eventually and I wasn't sure if there is layering and/or other annoyances that would prevent me from accessing stuff. Not what I want.

i'm starting to favor Corona thesedays, although Heineken does help me understand Bosch ECMs a little better

Getting close now guys...
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Well, if nothing else theres surely a whole lot of goodies to modify in these new pcm's

Chris is pretty confident the master def is all set and he's starting work on the scanner finishing up the remainder of production defs now hehe

sweet. so ready for this!