Thread: G8 unusual timing during idle decel

G8 unusual timing during idle decel

I am just getting going on a 08 G8 tune, car has a Livernois stage 1 cam, kooks 1 7/8", Fast 102 w/102mm tb and 100mm maf. I just finished up with the MAF tuning when I noticed an intermittently funky idle surge. I attached a tune along with a scan and histogram. I am sure others have run into this. Let me know your thoughts, thanks in advance!

Edit- Just spent some more time searching and think I found a solution. Please delete thread, thanks!

2nd Edit - Car is not yet fixed, still a work in progress, I will post up a tune, hist, and log when I get back to the cities.
    Last edited by 01 MidMet WS6; 07-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 01 MidMet WS6 View Post
    I am just getting going on a 08 G8 tune, car has a Livernois stage 1 cam, kooks 1 7/8", Fast 102 w/102mm tb and 100mm maf. I just finished up with the MAF tuning when I noticed an intermittently funky idle surge. I attached a tune along with a scan and histogram. I am sure others have run into this. Let me know your thoughts, thanks in advance!

Edit- Just spent some more time searching and think I found a solution. Please delete thread, thanks!
    Why dont you just share what you found bro.

I thought that I had it nailed down by widening up the min and max idle speeds but it seems to have re appeared. I am again working through it but will not be back to the car until Monday. Up at the OZ powercruise in BIR for the weekend. Have you worked through this issue before? I noticed it was doing it with the canned Livernois tune as well.
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners