Thread: Tuning the ZR1 - those with experience or thoughts inside please!

Tuning the ZR1 - those with experience or thoughts inside please!

Ok so my father recently got a new ZR1, and while I have done quite a bit of tuning on other FI cars there is some caution due to the cost of the vehicle. We plan on headers, intake, and smaller pulley to get around 13-14psi of boost. For those of you who have had some experience with this please chime in with your thoughts or help

Some main things I have questions or concerns about:

1) Do you think the stock timing tables are ok to run at this boost level?
    2) Under Engine --> TM --> Supercharger how many tables must be adjusted to remove the ECM boost limitations?
    3) Is it ok to MAF tune the car or is accessing and adjusting the necessary VE parameters relatively straightforward for a more advanced tuner?
    4) Does anyone have a tune file for a car similar to this they could post up?

There doesn't seem to be much of anything posted up about tuning the ZR1 so I think this would be a great place to start. Maybe even a tune file for a stock car redone or one with headers only?

Thanks in advance!

To start I believe the boost parameters that need changing for higher levels is found here:

Engine -> Torque Management -> Supercharger -> Boost Disable

Change MAP Disable from 192 to 230
    Change MAP Enable from 172 to 210

The only other table which appears to limit boost is under:

Engine -> Torque Management -> Supercharger -> Boost Control -> Desired Torque

But this appears to be boost limitations at less than 100% throttle - as the values are so high at 100% as to default to the MAP enable and disable at WOT. It would seem that these can be left as is if the others are adjusted.