Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Brad Barnhill's Virtual Dyno with HP Tuners

lol, yeah i have only seen it a few times, didnt think it was VD, but i never was able to see it with out vd...its probably my old lap top lagging on the recording with my luck
    Caution:Slow Learner

could be a valid reason ... if you were closer Id come meet ya and we could test it on my laptop.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    The ONLY way to graph your runs.
    Click here to donate

just got the newest beta, see if that helps

bet its the same ... seeing as how the last beta is the same thing as 1.2.1 Got to release the next beta soon.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

lol, sorry

HP Tuners Beta

I dont think ive ever had a VD beta

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahaha
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

where do i get a .CSV file ? do i need a dyno file or do i need to make my own .CSV file from scratch ? do you need an IQ over 90, stuff like this sure makes me feel stupid... i know what a .CSV file is, just not where to get it.. Thanks
    Last edited by Monty; 02-04-2013 at 05:37 AM. Reason: OCD

You log your car using your favorite logger like hp tuners and then export the run in CSV format. Hope this helps. If not Im sure one of the other fine people here can tell you where to do this in HP Tuners.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Quote Originally Posted by bbarnhill View Post
    You log your car using your favorite logger like hp tuners and then export the run in CSV format. Hope this helps. If not Im sure one of the other fine people here can tell you where to do this in HP Tuners.
    Ok iv got my CSV but it keeps saying "No wide open throttle TPS data found.
    Do you want to close this log?"

please help.. tried to upload my CSV but wont let me.. i have log data the for the TPS im confused

iv tried for hours
    Last edited by Monty; 02-07-2013 at 05:02 AM.

ok i just cant get it to work with a exported hpl to csv iv even tried changing the csv values around for TPS.. but nothing, did get it to work with the graphs and other columns some what, but the graphs were all wrong way off.. here is the file i exported tell me what im doing wrong ..

can you upload the CSV file you are actually trying to load into VD? I dont have HP Tuners Remember this only works with the CSV exports not the native hpl files.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Quote Originally Posted by bbarnhill View Post
    can you upload the CSV file you are actually trying to load into VD? I dont have HP Tuners Remember this only works with the CSV exports not the native hpl files.
    yes sorry i tried to upload the csv file but the forum wouldn't let me oh you can though download the demo version of hpt, not sure though if the export option works in it

sent you my email in a PM. You can send your CSV export there but make sure to include a description of the problem and what forum its from. I get a lot of emails and want to make sure that it doesnt get lost.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Potential Tuner
    i am having issues with the hp tuner software exporting the data to excel. it is entering the rpm data in both the rpm and speed cells. for instance with 2500 rpm the 2 will be under rpm and 500 under speed, then all other cells are offset. i have manually moved the data to get desired results, but it is a pain. im sure some excel guru would have a fix in 2 seconds. anybody have a fix for me? Thanks. oh and the data logs are coming from a 2008 gmc sierra 1500 5.3 if that has any bearing on the issue.

Sounds like you may have an older BETA version of HPTuner.....that was an issue for awhile. Get Bill to fix you up with the latest BETA & this issue should be resolved.

Shane beat me to it ... it was a problem I heard about with a prior beta but I thought they had it fixed.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

been having problems with "Virtual Dyno Has stopped working" dialogue box popping up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. When I try to reinstall it goes through everything fine than after it seems to have finish the box closes and it pops up that message again.

I just downloaded this out of curiosity, but could not get it working with an SCT datalog. It doesn't find the TPS reading.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Brooks View Post
    I just downloaded this out of curiosity, but could not get it working with an SCT datalog. It doesn't find the TPS reading.
    open the log file > find the column with your tps data > copy the column name > open VD > go to file > options > columns and profiles > TPS window > paste > save.

try that to start

if that doesnt work
    open the log file > go to the TPS column > select the cells during WOT > change them all to 100 > save it > open it in VD
    Last edited by RooTBeeR; 08-14-2013 at 11:07 PM.

If anyone has a column that doesnt get found as RooTBeeR has suggested, please let me know what logger and send me an example so I can get that column supported for everyone. Loggers like to change what their column names are and thats how VD knows what is in the columns. If it cant find a necessary column it will show an error.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate