Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Brad Barnhill's Virtual Dyno with HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    looking for a bit of help from you VD users..

When i export data into csv file, my user defined boost pid is not there. all the other ones are, as well as wideband, but not this one. it's in my scanner and works properly. every dyno log i end up having to open the data in excell and manually adding a boost column with the MAP-BARO equation (same way it's set up in HPT). it works, just gets annoying.

this isn't a VD issue, just thought this was the best thread to ask for help.

Tuner in Training
    bump... come on SOMEONE has to have dealt with this.

You mean its not showing up in VD? If not you need to add it to the custom columns in settings. File -> Options -> Columns and Profiles. Add it to that list and VD will start looking for it.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    The ONLY way to graph your runs.
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training
    No, it doesn't get wxported in the csv file, before i even load it in VD.
    All it is is a custom pid that subtracts baro pressure from map to show boost.
    If i open the csv in excell and manually create a boost column with that equation then it shows up in VD just fine.

This is an hpt exporting problem, i only posted it here because it's related to vd and thought other users may have found a way to get this to work.

ahhhhhhhh ... ok I was just trying to help and I totally misunderstood Story of my life.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training

not recognizing wot

I took a couple logs i had my foot pinned to the floor for both pulls yet vd states that there isn't any wot in the file. FUll throttle hptuners only shows 87% could this be the issue? car is a 2008 saab 9-3 turbo x 6spd manual, attached are the pulls
    97 Bmw 318is - 5.3l LM7 cam, headers, domed pistons ,11.1 compression

I see what you're saying about the TPS maxing in the upper 80s. If VD is looking for WOT to detect virtual dyno pulls, I could see this causing a problem. Is this a problem you see only in HPTuners? I would think that either your TPS needs to be recalibrated (if it's actually wrong); of course, if you're tuned used a TPS that pegs at 87%, any tables using TPS as an axis will need to be corrected.

If you're confident that the reported 87% TPS is actually 100%, you could also just rescale the TPS data by using Excel or another spreadsheet to multiply the TPS data by 100/87 (~1.149). You could also define a custom PID to do this in VCM Scanner.

All of this kind of assumes that 87% observed TPS is actually the maximum opening of your throttle. It may be useful to log any electronic throttle control PIDs you can to make sure the ETC is not borked.

Note: Take everything I say with a grain of salt; I'm new at this.

87% will not cause VD to have a problem. It is smart enough to see thats the highest value in the file.

However I cant open the HPL files as I dont have HP Tuners installed. Id have to have 40+ loggers installed to open all these types of logs So export those for me and repost and Ill look at it.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Here's CSV exports of his runs. I had to append the *.hpt extension to the files to trick the upload script into accepting them, so just drop that off the end of the filename.

8 minute logs? Im betting there is more than one run in there.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training
    C Del, thanks for doing that, i didn;t have time to jump on here over the weekend.

Brad, will having a longer log have an effect on whether or not virtual dyno will recognize wot? should I just keep the pull itself separate from everything?

here's one thats just a pull ~20sec or so, you will have to rename the file without the .hpt
    97 Bmw 318is - 5.3l LM7 cam, headers, domed pistons ,11.1 compression

well Id say the problem is that VD is trying to trim your file to just the WOT section and at the same time it is trying to limit it to just one sample per 100rpm. In that when it looks at your RPM values which are all single digits (ex. 2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,2) It thinks its literally 2rpm. I think you may need to record another pid as that one may not be good for your vehicle
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

i need to get some new logs and play with this again.
    Caution:Slow Learner

yes you do RooTBeeR!!!
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

well unfortunately, weather has created traction issues at the moment.(yes, even southern california gets some weather )
    so i cant do anything new right now, but i can make a few tune files and play with some things when i do get the weather back.

in the mean time. heres some logs from a few months back.

same tune, except for one is supposed to bleed off all the boost, yet it still holds ~3psi all the way through

big difference in power for sure. wish i had a full log through 7000rpm+ with no boost though for a full comparison to see just where the hp peaked
    Last edited by RooTBeeR; 11-30-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Update.

Stock Tune with Torque Management Removed and 7500RPM Limit
    vs.
    Stock Tune with Full Torque Management and 7500RPM Limit(~3psi)

Mods
    Full Stock Intake with a K&N Cone Filter
    3" Flange on Stock Downpipe
    3" x 30" Resonator

~5850RPM and up, stock injectors go static on the stock PE & MAF tables

only thing that throws me off is the red graph spikes at the end, and i didnt have wheel spin and power should have just dropped off after 6750rpm.
    this has happened to me before also. odd.
    Last edited by RooTBeeR; 12-04-2012 at 09:19 PM.

same tune, just corrected the MAF and added a bit of timing.
    its still set to GM's really rich 10.8afr though

so maybe i was wrong about it dropping off >__> i guess this thing still has more power left in it.

also, i have had this problem before. not sure why. i did this pull with in 5 mins of the other, on the same stretch of road on the same tune. yet the one is wavy, and the other isnt.

Last edited by RooTBeeR; 12-05-2012 at 01:34 AM.

I dont know why one is wavy and the other isnt ... looks to be representative of what is in the log. Have you compared RPM to time in the log and graphed them (hint: Graph Other Columns button) and see if they are smooth in there?
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

2nd Pull

1st Pull

hmm, wonder what caused this

thats weird .... something is causing the RPM to be out of sync with the time stamps in your logs. Could be a number of things. Good thing for me is that its represented in the logs and not in VD. Might want to talk to the loggers manufacturer and bounce it off of them. See if they have seen this before.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate