Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Barnhill's Virtual Dyno with HP Tuners

Tuner
    Hi Brad. First I want to say thank you for providing this software! I love it and use it every time I am tuning!

My problem is this: I have been having a new issue lately, where I open the program, it loads normally, but appears to stay minimized. clicking the program in the taskbar does not bring up the GUI and holding the cursor over the program in the taskbar shows a blank image in the little preview window.

The only way I have found to actually get the GUI to appear is to right click VD in the task manager and choose "maximize". After that the program works fine, and I can minimize and maximize like normal.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled from your website to make sure I had the latest version with no change. This is on a Windows 7 machine. All other programs are operating normally, only VD is having this issue.

Anything I can do to help fix this?

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by RooTBeeR View Post
    yeah, didnt use to, but the last few weeks(i hadnt used it for a while before that) it has been doing it, it loads fast till the point in the pic and then stops for about 2-5mins everytime
    Thats not supposed to do that except when new car defs are available. Wonder if permissions have changed on that folder. check that your c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\Virtual Dyno\

folder is accessible and open for reading and writing by your user. Have you reinstalled to see if that helps for some reason?
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    The ONLY way to graph your runs.
    Click here to donate

Quote Originally Posted by cptinjak View Post
    Hi Brad. First I want to say thank you for providing this software! I love it and use it every time I am tuning!

My problem is this: I have been having a new issue lately, where I open the program, it loads normally, but appears to stay minimized. clicking the program in the taskbar does not bring up the GUI and holding the cursor over the program in the taskbar shows a blank image in the little preview window.

The only way I have found to actually get the GUI to appear is to right click VD in the task manager and choose "maximize". After that the program works fine, and I can minimize and maximize like normal.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled from your website to make sure I had the latest version with no change. This is on a Windows 7 machine. All other programs are operating normally, only VD is having this issue.

Anything I can do to help fix this?

Jack
    Yes this is an issue that is addressed in the new version that Im about to release (1.1.9). It stems from having the program minimized and closing it while its minimized. You need to go to your data directory (c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\virtual dyno\) and edit the graphsettings.xml file and LEFT and TOP should be greater than 0.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarnhill View Post
    Yes this is an issue that is addressed in the new version that Im about to release (1.1.9). It stems from having the program minimized and closing it while its minimized. You need to go to your data directory (c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\virtual dyno\) and edit the graphsettings.xml file and LEFT and TOP should be greater than 0.
    They are both currently -32000. what should I replace them with? Edit: CAN I change them?

Jack
    Last edited by cptinjak; 07-13-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    -2000 C5

Quote Originally Posted by bbarnhill View Post
    Thats not supposed to do that except when new car defs are available. Wonder if permissions have changed on that folder. check that your c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\Virtual Dyno\

folder is accessible and open for reading and writing by your user. Have you reinstalled to see if that helps for some reason?

You nailed it! thank you sir.

The permissions had changed for some reason.
    Caution:Slow Learner

awesome sauce!!! Let me know if you need more help. Post what you think about it.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

I can't seem to enable the "save as custom" in the car editor.
    For all intents and purposes my frontal and drag coefficient should be the same as a Gen III Silverado. My tire height is 29.7 but my truck is a 5 speed with ratios as follows: 1st - 4.02, 2nd - 2.32, 3rd - 1.40, 4th - 1.00, 5th - 0.73. Weight of my vehicle with driver is 4610 (I am 210 lbs). How can I go about setting this up? This seems to be a great tool and I'm sure its going to prove extremely useful on the strip at the next test and tune

Edit - PS this profile could be used as a generalized Gen III Truck 4.8/5spd profile.
    Last edited by RSTinOKC; 07-14-2012 at 10:49 AM.

I believe that he hasnt finished that part of the software for full release yet

@RSTinOKC: yeah I haven't finished that part of the software yet but at least you can view car data for now. Ill get to that eventually if they stop working me 8am-1130pm

Let me know if those specs on that Gen III 4.8 are stock. If so then I can most certainly add it.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner
    Brad, I built a file based on one of my cars not in your DB. For some odd reason, when I connected to the internet and opened your application, it removed my file therefore it was no longer available.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
    <CarDataset xmlns="http://tempuri.org/CarDataset.xsd">
      <CarParameters>
        <CarMake>Pontiac</CarMake>
        <CarModel>G5</CarModel>
        <CarSubModel>GT</CarSubModel>
        <StartYear>2007</StartYear>
        <EndYear>2008</EndYear>
        <Weight>2820</Weight>
        <TransTypeManual>true</TransTypeManual>
        <TransGear1>3.58</TransGear1>
        <TransGear2>2.02</TransGear2>
        <TransGear3>1.35</TransGear3>
        <TransGear4>0.98</TransGear4>
        <TransGear5>0.69</TransGear5>
        <FinalGearRatio>3.84</FinalGearRatio>
        <DragCoefficient>0.324</DragCoefficient>
        <FrontalArea>22.02</FrontalArea>
        <TireDiameter>25.46</TireDiameter>
      </CarParameters>
    </CarDataset>
    Your code seems to fairly acurate based off of a previous dyno pull on my car. Your software puts me at 175hp 171tq, the previous dyno was at 181hp.
    2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 E40 6 Speed Manual
    2007 Pontiac G5-GT 2.4L LE5 E67 5 Speed Manual

Yes this is known ... it wipes out the Cars folder when I release an update for the car definitions. Thats the monkey wrench in releasing the custom car editor. Im having to rework some of the ways it reads XML car definitions to include a separate folder for custom vehicles. For now just keep a copy of your custom car and copy it back when it disappears. Sorry about that.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

1.1.9 has been released ... Enjoy!!!
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Not sure what's going on now.
    I change the folder to read/write and click ok, then if I go back to the properties it immediately has reset to read only. Any ideas?

does it still take forever to open for you?
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

yeah, after the update it does.

man thats just weird ... have you tried a complete uninstall?
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

yup.

i also tried to add a new folder to the roaming folder and it automatically made it read only and did the same thing when i tried to change it

man that does not sound like a VD issue unfortunately ... sounds like you have some permission issues going on.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

yeah ill have to look into it later

keep me posted
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate