Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Barnhill's Virtual Dyno with HP Tuners

1.1.9?

what changes/adds will you be doing for that?
    Caution:Slow Learner

Im probably going to first of all try to fix the problem of overwriting custom car xml files when I push out an update to the car definition files. Then Im going to obfuscate my code as someone is decompiling it and claiming my work as their own in another app. I know this because they had a bug that I had with my graph scaling on the same graph and they use the same library to graph with now. They also tried to copy my user interface in their app too. SO obfuscating my code will be a priority as well. Thats the short list.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    The ONLY way to graph your runs.
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training
    I have an unsupported tuning/scanning software which I can add my own PIDs and it saves scans as an .csv file, how can a person use it with this app?

Get this error when trying to open a scan:

"E101: Not all columns needed for calculations found.
    REQUIRED COLUMNS: Time, RPM, Throttle Position
    If your log does not contain these, the developer does not need your log."

whats the name of the software?

Are the column names pretty much set or are they custom ones?
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training
    The scantool is called uvscan, which I can give you the email of the guy which created it. The columns names are set in the program/scans, but it is open source so a person can change them. Heard the creator of the program is looking to release a new version of it, sometime, but this version is several years old. If you want to look at one of my scans let me know.

sure send me where to get a log or post it on the forum
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training
    It saves the file as Microsoft Office Excel Comma Separated Values File (.csv). The column names are directly from the program (unaltered by me, except I created the Gear Ratio column).

I changed the extension of the file to .xls , enabling its upload onto the forum. --Also, don't know if it matters, but I edited cells not capturing my wide open throttle pull. * If anyone wants to critique my scan, I'm all ears* haha.

Thanks for looking into this Brad, let me know if your able to do anything with it.

Youll have to test it when it comes out but I just added UVScan support. It will REQUIRE 1.1.8 as a code change was required. What type of car was that ... i calculated power with an evo weight and such and it didnt fair too well but with the correct car specs it should turn out ok. Im holding all future column updates till 1.1.8 pushes out.

Im also brain storming of scraping the graph interface that I have and go with Microsoft Chart Controls ... will be a better solution and it MAY (big maybe) be able to be ported to MAC.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training
    It's a 2001 grand prix gtp, yes, I'll test it out when the 1.1.8 version is released. I can't wait! Thanks again.
    Last edited by Larz01; 03-15-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Ill get it out asap.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

I sent 1.1.8 beta 11 to the beta tester last night. He will get back to me by the weekend and Ill hopefully get good news and release that to you guys this weekend. No promises just making sure you know that Im still pushing to get 1.1.8 out as it fixes a lot of bugs I hope.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

so what version of beta(hp Tuners) works with VD?please dont tell me 2.2 lmao
    tsp LQ9 408, wiesco -10cc, ls7s cam,tsp 5.3Lheads ,stock rockers with upgraded trunions,BBK intake manifold;ported polished intake runners,80MM Tb,haltech CAI,Longtubes,RPM full drivetrain,3:15 gears.

the new beta everyone talks about has a bug in it and it doesnt write logs out correctly. HPT has confirmed this and is supposedly fixing it. Anyone have more details on this?
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarnhill View Post
    I sent 1.1.8 beta 11 to the beta tester last night. He will get back to me by the weekend and Ill hopefully get good news and release that to you guys this weekend. No promises just making sure you know that Im still pushing to get 1.1.8 out as it fixes a lot of bugs I hope.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarnhill View Post
    the new beta everyone talks about has a bug in it and it doesnt write logs out correctly. HPT has confirmed this and is supposedly fixing it. Anyone have more details on this?
    Yea, who knows when that will be out. Any word on how to fix the comma issue in the csv file? I'd rather just do that rather than be waiting on a new beta to fix the issue.

it has something to do with commas in their rpm values or something like that so if the value is over 1000 it will have a comma but below it will not so it shifts all data over a column if a comma is put in. Its a SIMPLE fix for them. To be compliant with CSV formats you just have to wrap the column in quotes. Done ... fixed. It sounds like from the reports I get from users is that HPT's stance is that its a hard fix.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Advanced Tuner
    Brad you list Innovate as a support log format. Is that Logworks? Or OT-2?

Tuner in Training
    I been using a scanner called scanXL by palmer performance that I noticed your program support, but when I make runs the result are always off and inaccurate, but more importantly, the result are very inconsistent. Any tips or help you can offer?

@SargeZ06: thats a good question. If you provide a log from both Ill just go ahead and support both. Ill have to look and see which logs I have.

@V84BRKFST: Make sure its a FLAT straight road that you are doing your logs on. If you have drive train slippage (wheel spin, slipping clutch ... etc) then you will get spikes. Make sure thats not happening before you say its inaccurate. Those are the most common (way more common than you would think). I can usually tell from the graph whats going on Ive seen it so often.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Virtual Dyno 1.1.8

1.1.8 has been released. Come and get it!!!

Here is a list of the changes:

- Fixed a bug allowing the display values popup on graph other columns to draw offscreen
    - Fixed UI bug that left selected profiles blue when another profile was selected
    - Fixed miscoloring of smoothing options on run specific context menu
    - Fixed UI bug where was border showing on both sides between HPTQ graph and AFRBoost graph
    - Fixed delay when profile is selected till the time the menu is hidden
    - Fixed incorrect loading of smoothing factor from saved settings file
    - Fixed a bug when writing columnnames.xml on update that caused the invalid root element error
    - Added dropdown to select profile from bottom of screen where active profile is displayed
    - Added check for file in use when loading columnnames.xml as it may still be updating
    - Added trimming of commonly trimmed char from column names when looking for column
    - Added EcuTek log support
    - Added LS2Edit log support (.LOG only)
    - Added Link G4 log support (after running the llc2csv converter only)
    - Added UV Scan log support
    - Added more time formats to be compatible varying time formats
    - Added setting to allow toggling smoothing time in case of unsmooth time signal
    - Revamped the settings window to be a window instead of a panel
    - Persist all settings across program in a common settings object instead of reading form settings screen
    - Moved all updating to the splash screen so updates are done before loading the application
    - Replaced most typeof comparisons with the 'is' keyword
    - Removed system serial number and install id as it caused instability with the UAC
    - Removed application manifests that elevated security and disabled drag and drop with UAC on
    - All update versions come from the webservice instead of direct web xml reads
    - Column updates are now through the webservice
    - Cancel zoom button is always visible but disabled when graph is not zoomed
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate