Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Barnhill's Virtual Dyno with HP Tuners

Advanced Tuner
    Any luck tuning the TVS?

I tuned a few before.

well i had just started last week, and and then richend up the bottom end a bit and changed a few other things and just got idle dialed in so far, need to go out and finish it in the next couple days. wanna see what i can actually get out of it since im still a n00b tuner
    Caution:Slow Learner

Advanced Tuner
    Weird how all the lsj graphs dip at then end. I have more stroke and less aggressive cams and my power graph is still climbing when I stop the pull at 7 grand.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

my m62 graph looks pretty flat from 6650-7000 and then dips a bit to 7100 but it was just minor bolt-ons

I've been told that the tvs continues to make power over where the cams stop though so i guess i will find out soon enough

I will say that I found a bug in the smoothing today and will release 1.1.7 very soon to patch a few things that were found in the 1.1.6 release. Smoothing got exponentially smooth by the end of the graph this will apply smoothing the same across the entire graph. Now this isnt causing flattening or dips in the graph ... just figured Id mention that.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    The ONLY way to graph your runs.
    Click here to donate

ok, im back in business. changed my admin settings

there are a few others experiencing this problem too. Can you elaborate on this just a bit and Ill share the post with them.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

ok, i'll be honest i have no idea which changes i just made to fix it, but i did

however, to help the other people with this problem i can tell you how to bandaid it for the time being.

Right-click icon > Properties > Compatibility > Privlage Level > Check Box "Run this as program as an administrator" > Apply/OK to close properties.

Like i said though, bandaid. what should happen when they open the .exe now is it will bring up the "User Account Control" window asking if you want to allow it to run or not.(just like when you run the setup) It gets annoying(to me) to have to go through that permission window every time I open the program, but at least you can use it. There is a way to turn that permission window too(windows doesn't recommend it though). I still dont know exactly what change i made, but i have it working just like it's supposed to/did before 1.1.6. so i dont have that permissions window and all my security options are still in effect.
    Hope this helps, at least temporarily.

Maybe its UAC causing the issues. Ive got UAC turned off on all my machines. Hum.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

I have found the issue with not being able to drag and drop files to VD and it crashing instantly when some users start it up. Its a UAC issue and I've fixed it in the latest beta that Im about to test. Ill push an update out in the next day or so. The drag and drop will NOT work with UAC turned on as this is a known problem when using UAC.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Just released 1.1.7 which should fix some of the issues in 1.1.6. The big issue people were having with UAC should be addressed now. I tested it on multiple machines with UAC turned on and before it would give the error, and after this patch, no error. Hope you all enjoy as its a minor update but fixes some pretty hefty errors.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

weird, the drag and drop worked for me earlier today before the update and now it doesnt again lol oh well, not urgent. just about everything else seems to be working great now though!

Progress, there's more in there though...

Last edited by RooTBeeR; 01-19-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Making progress. The drag and drop issue is because the program requests the UAC to run at a higher level than the current user (even if you are an admin with UAC you dont run as an admin). You cant drag and drop from a lower security level to a higher level security program.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Is there any way to disable the auto update?

nope ... I implemented that a few versions ago. I want to prevent fragmentation of versions of VD out there.
    Brad Barnhill

VIRTUAL DYNO
    Click here to donate

Tuner in Training
    Can someone guide me on how to properly get this working? I'm logging absolute tps, rpm and I read the scanner automatically logs time. Everytime I load up a log in the program it tells me no WOT tps was found and it won't show anything.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by damien™ View Post
    Can someone guide me on how to properly get this working? I'm logging absolute tps, rpm and I read the scanner automatically logs time. Everytime I load up a log in the program it tells me no WOT tps was found and it won't show anything.
    Oven the .csv and find the column for tps and copy the label. Then open the dyno program go to options and there is something where you can tell it the actual heading name for tps. Paste in there.

Tuner in Training
    I just tried doing what you said and it still comes back with no data. For some reason the cobalts report TPS at WOT as 88% and not 100% I think that is causing the error.

Logging ETC position reports the full range (0-100%) but TPS doesn't.

Advanced Tuner
    Well you could just log ETC then. Or you could tell the dyno program that over 88% tps = WOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    Well you could just log ETC then. Or you could tell the dyno program that over 88% tps = WOT.

yeah, either log ETC Position % or go into your .csv and change all your 88's to 100

...logging etc will be much easier

I just went back to stock, should make some decent comparisons, although i still will have to get back to stock exhaust soon too
    Last edited by RooTBeeR; 01-25-2012 at 01:50 PM.