Thread: 06 gto ls2/lsa

Potential Tuner

06 gto ls2/lsa

Hello everyone..

i have a 06 gto ls2 6.0 with the following mods...

ls2 stock block

prc 225cc head ported with 233/239 cam dual valve springs "everything from Texas Speed"...arp head studs mls head gaskets

LSA blower/ZL1 Lid/ ice box

triple 340 pumps,1 of them on to start and the other 2 turn on with a hobb switch at 4psi/-10 an fuel line split of with a Y, feeding to the front of fuel rails/ -8 an fuel lines on the back fed to fuel pressure regulator/ 60psi on the regulator/ -6 an return to the factory feed line/ 1300cc injectors, dsx tuning flex fuel sensor currently running e85

Long story short she over heated on me on the way to pick up a ctsv LSA belt drive to about 245 degrees. "bad water pump".. i let it cool down, added water and jumped on the expressway back home. "temp stayed at normal operating temp. BUT NOTICED IT WOULD BREAK UP"MISSFIRE" WHILE TRYING TO ACCELERATE.

i got it home and proceeded to swap on all the ctsv parts. now the car has a separate belt system for the blower off the accessories!

i cleaned out fuel rails, injectors, fuel filters and inline fuel filter...

changed to the recommended ngk tr7ix, new 10mm wires

ported blower and port matched the tb to blower snout and blower to heads...

i proceed to take the car out to do some data logging and the missfire/breaking up is still there...

WHAT SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR CONSISDERING I DONT HAVE ANY CELS OR DTC'S... I ADDED TO HPTUNER CHANNELS THE CYLINDER MISSFIRE AND ITS NOT LOGING ANYTHING.

IT DOESNT SMOKE, NO COOLANT LOSS, I DONT SEE SMOKE COMING FROM VALVE COVER BREATHER OR OIL CATCH CAN, NO WATER IN OIL. NO SMOKE OUT OF THE TAIL PIPES. PLUGS LOOK FINE!
    FUEL PRESSURE STAYS SOLID AT 60 PSI
    I PULLED THE FUEL TANK AND CHECKED FUEL PUMPS/FILTERS/CONNECTIONS/HOSE CLAMPS

I SWAPPED OVER TO LQ9 COIL PACKS

TOMORROW ILL GO AHEAD AND DO A LEAK DOWN/COMPRESSION TEST ON THE CYLINDERS.

What does your wideband say when you are breaking up?

I know it may seem weird but check "Ign 1" voltage and system voltage during breakup event.