Thread: What ECU to use

Potential Tuner

What ECU to use

I am converting my old muscle car over to an LS engine and was wondering if you guys could help me to get the right computer to use for tuning. I am going to be building a boosted 6.0L with a Powerglide so I don't need automatic controls. I am really new to this so any help would be great.

Scott

cable throttle body?
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Potential Tuner
    I have a 6.0 with VVT and would like to run a cable wouldn't be apposed to running a cable. I am new to the HP tuners and this forum and would like to know if getting a base tune for a particular combo is something that is shared on here. I am aware of the repository.

If you want to run cable throttle body then you'll have to get a GenIII cable driven harness/PCM along with a lingenfelter 58x to 24x converter box for the crank signal difference. Also would need to change the cam gear to a 2x LS2 style (also found on 06-07 silverado trucks) and extend the cam sensor wires to the front timing cover and such.

Also, you'd need to adapt GenIII knock sensors to the side of the block.

Something else I'm missing too...

It's really easier to run a 08+ GenIV setup. 08 and up Silverado ECM setups will allow 2 bar speed density OS and all you'd need to buy is a gas pedal to wire into the harness.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

Potential Tuner
    In my opinion I would ditch the VVT feature for now, especially if you are new to tuning. I agree that you should stick with the 08 up setup and buy an accelerator petal assembly and fab up some mounts for it in the car. If you went with that you would be looking at either an E38 or E67 ECM. Either would work great. You can pick them up on Ebay for around $100. The only issue i can think of with useing a powerglide is that the PCM will want to see a VSS signal. Just a thought. But you're in the right place. hope this helps.

Just run a E38 from a manual Camaro SS, or whatever you can find I guess. The ECM should work fine without the TCM connected at all and no VSS
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon