Thread: Procharged G8 hitting rev limiter on every gear when WOT at the track.

Procharged G8 hitting rev limiter on every gear when WOT at the track.

I'm still a newbie on tuning, went to the track tonight and made three runs: 11.33@121, 11.17@123, and 11.36@121. On every single pass the car was hitting the rev limiter mostly on every gear (1->2->3->4). Tried to change the fuel cut off, max gear vs. rpm table, WOT RPM SHIFT and WOT MPH tables with no luck. Couldn't do log anything because one, im one of the "lucky" ones with new spi chips that can't do standalone data logging and second, the track people wouldn't let me run with the laptop in the car. Attached is my tune before i made the changes, any input that will help me fix this issue will be greatly appreciated. Like i said, I'm still a newb on this so please bear with me on this. Thanks!

Symptom: On the shifting event the car felt like it was holding the gear, then hitting the rev limiter and then shifting.

About my car:

Procharger D1SC (10psi of boost with water/meth), Circle D single 2800 stall, FAST LSXR 102mm intake (newest mod, haven't touch tune after installed this), Kooks LT's 1 7/8". Stock cam, stock internals.

What injectors? If I had to guess (can't open your file on my phone) I'd bet the injector data is throwing off torque reporting.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    What injectors? If I had to guess (can't open your file on my phone) I'd bet the injector data is throwing off torque reporting.
    FAST 57lb/hrs. I attached the table for the Flow Rate vs Pressure Delta, that's how the tuner scaled the injectors. No interpolation used.

Attached a screenshot.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-29-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    DSteck,

Have you had the chance to take a look at the tune? thanks.

Anyone? Maybe a few pointers will help even though i couldn't provide a log file.

Go to this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...highlight=4lxx and dowload the 6LXX spreadsheet. It will help you set up your shift speeds and tcc lock up speeds.

I would put the Fuel cut-off back to stock, and when you set your WOT shift RPM leave 500 rpm for a cushion. Stock rev-limit is 6100, try 5600 rpm for WOT 2nd through to 6th and with 1st being a steep ratio try 5400 rpm.

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Go to this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...highlight=4lxx and dowload the 6LXX spreadsheet. It will help you set up your shift speeds and tcc lock up speeds.

I would put the Fuel cut-off back to stock, and when you set your WOT shift RPM leave 500 rpm for a cushion. Stock rev-limit is 6100, try 5600 rpm for WOT 2nd through to 6th and with 1st being a steep ratio try 5400 rpm.

Ian

Thanks for your feedback, I made the changes per spreadsheet and your suggestions, now i need some time to test.

The TCC Lock Up Speeds are right on after adjusting them by using the calc's from bluecat's spreadsheet. Still need to make some WOT to see if I still hit the rev limiter, Thanks madvette08.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The TCC Lock Up Speeds are right on after adjusting them by using the calc's from bluecat's spreadsheet. Still need to make some WOT to see if I still hit the rev limiter, Thanks madvette08.
    Did you get to try WOT yet?

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Did you get to try WOT yet?

Ian
    I haven't had the chance to do that yet, is just useless try to go WOT on street tires. But i have been playing bluecat's spreadsheet do you know if he's going to update it? I would like to know what's the correlation is between the TCC Apply Ramp and TCC Apply/Release tables. Do you have any information or tip on how make changes to this?