Thread: Question on GM DMAX engines and DIC oil monitor

Potential Tuner

Question on GM DMAX engines and DIC oil monitor

I downloaded a stock 05 and an 08 tune and was looking throught. I have an 06 and was just curious.

I flipped through and under the ENG DIAGNOSTICS, general tab, oil change dist. 9942 miles. Does this mean that the DIC calculates miles driven to percent life? If so, I guess I am mistaken that the DIC actually calculated based on oil condition instead of what GM recommends.
    66 Chevy II, LS1/4L60e, Comp XR281HR/918 springs, LS6 intake, Long tube headers X-ovr, Fuddle 3200 stall, 9" Currie built, detroit trutrac loacker, Caltracs, 4wheel disc, Vintage Air Gen IV A/C setup, Dakota Digital dash.

I was under the impression it's just miles driven... Maybe there is some sort of modifier to that calculation based on engine hours as well??

I changed mine to 6000 miles and it seemed to come on around 6000 miles so I don't think there is something fancy going on here.

Could be wrong, never really gave it much more thought because I change it around 5-6k regardless.
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning