Thread: Histogram 9 & 10 using 2.23 Beta?

Tuner in Training

Histogram 9 & 10 using 2.23 Beta?

2005 GTO E40 ECM, A4 trans, TVS2300, LM1 Wide Band

I used 2.22 with my wide band for several weeks, logging MAF error both with the STFT Histogram tables 4 & 5, and also with tables 9&10 (Wide Band MAF Error) and a Custom LM-1 Input.

In order to open a file for ZR1 injector data, I had to load the new 2.23 beta software.

So far everything works great, except for histogram 9 & 10, for some reason, they don't log any data. I assume since it doesn't give me the "Unsupported error" that I just have something set up wrong?

Any suggestions?

When I load the default imperial config with 2.23 my histos stop at #7. Post the config you're using.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ok, to understand how a histogram works you have to understand the fundamentals of what it is.

A histogram is basically plotting software inside our scanner.

It needs several things to function correctly
    You must log the parameters necessary to fill & plot the histograms in your table display ie if your x asis is rpm you must log rpm in the table display, if your y axis is MAP then you must log map in the table display and if the values you are trying to plog are a calculation of commanded afr vs wideband afr you must log the commanded afr & wideband in the table display. If any ONE of these are missed the histogram will be broken.

Now with that said in the newest beta analog inputs are disabled when using standalone datalogging so if you were using the standalone datalogging feature & trying to log a wideband through the inputs thats your issue and is the reason we put that screen that pops up everytime you open the scanner to contact support if you have an issue as we could've told you this via email very simply.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Bill,

First, thank you for your fast response. Your companies product support is excellent, I am very happy with how well HPTuners works.

Second, for this type of question, is it your preference to have a email directly, or a post on this forum?

Craig

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support for issues regarding broken software issues in beta versions of software

Post on the forum regarding tuning questions ie how do i dial in my idle, etc.

Post on the forums bug section for broken software issues using a public version of software ie 2.22, 2.24,etc.

Tuner in Training
    Just an update for anyone searching on this forum, nothing was wrong with the software, I had a screw up in my filters for histogram 9 and 10. Also, the little red dot in the corner of the histogram buttons means it has a filter active.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinturbo496 View Post
    Also, the little red dot in the corner of the histogram buttons means it has a filter active.
    Just an FYI this info is in the help file as well

Plot Filtering
    With plot filtering you are able to get the most control out of your histogram data. You can filter out data based on TPS, RPM, fuel trim cell and other various parameters. You can also enter in the minimum number of cell hits required to register data on the histogram. Entering in a higher value in the min cell count will help remove erroneous data or cells that do not have enough data for accurate feedback. If you enter in a plot filter string, the filter string must pass as true for the frame to be added to the histogram. First the histogram will check to see if the plot filter string returns true (if one exists). If the filter returns true the data is added to the histogram. If the cell count is under the min cell count it will not be displayed. For more information on how to setup filters please read Custom Functions, Filters and Triggers.

When plot filtering is present on a histogram, the Histogram Display tool bar will indicate it with a small red star in the lower right corner like such:

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Now with that said in the newest beta analog inputs are disabled when using standalone datalogging so if you were using the standalone datalogging feature & trying to log a wideband through the inputs thats your issue and is the reason we put that screen that pops up everytime you open the scanner to contact support if you have an issue as we could've told you this via email very simply.
    -Bill
    Are you saying here that with Beta we cannot use WB input in any histogram?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano1712 View Post
    Are you saying here that with Beta we cannot use WB input in any histogram?
    No, that is not what I said.

Tuner in Training
    How and where do you go to adjust the filters so I can get 9 and 10 to work?

Where is this help file?

I'm wanting to do some MAF tuning on my 1999 GTP and I need 10 to work so i'm told. I'm a novice at this so please don't get too technical for me.

Thanks!
    Shawn W. Larsen

'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS_____'00 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP _____'99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Tuning with: HP Tuners MPVI PRO

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Tuner in Training
    I looked, I didn't find a simple answer though. I guess i need to give up on the Beta and try 2.22.
    Shawn W. Larsen

'07 Chevy Trailblazer SS_____'00 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP _____'99 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Indian View Post
    I looked, I didn't find a simple answer though. I guess i need to give up on the Beta and try 2.22.
    lol, its not a beta thing, you need to first figure out what you are trying to do. If you are trying to create histograms going back to 2.22 isn't going to magically make them for you. You still need to do the work.

Tuner in Training
    Well i'm working off some instructions on another forum to figure this tuning out. Just going by his info for 2.22 hystograms.
    Shawn W. Larsen

Can you create a histogram after logging and then apply it? Also I don't get all of the toolbar histogram buttons as seen in the help file. Is this because there is no data there? Someone suggested reloading the beta.
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto
    GMTU, TTR Solid Engine Mount and 1" Sway Bar.

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo
    DDMWorks Intake, ZZP Rear Sway Bar.

1972 Chevy Pickup
    L48 350 Holley 650, Weiand Alum Intake Manifold Water Pump and Pulley, Hot cam, 12 Bolt, Headers, Hurst Shifter.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory Red SS View Post
    Can you create a histogram after logging and then apply it? Also I don't get all of the toolbar histogram buttons as seen in the help file. Is this because there is no data there? Someone suggested reloading the beta.
    Yes you can, The scanner has been revised a few times in beta but how to create a histogram has not changed, its still a matter of plugging in the info/axis you want, just now you close out of it and click yes to save the changes.