Thread: Learning curve covered with ice

Advanced Tuner

Learning curve covered with ice

I am having a problem with setting up PID's & histograms.
    And having them on the Primary table display.
    I'm just not getting it.
    I stumble onto a working histo, scan car make changes.

The learning curve is steep, but damn, this slope is covered with ice & I keep falling on my face.

Is it possible to have a repository that one can be easily cut & paste.

I hope this is really not to newb-ish.
    I'm just not getting it.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Potential Tuner
    have you check out http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

there is some pretty good info there, i am new to HP aswell but after watching a view of these videos it made everything a whole lot easier to understand

Advanced Tuner
    Hey George , I have struggled with this a bit also , spend time figuring it out get things working dont have to deal with it for a while and have to go give myself a refresher course on it by reading the stickys and watching the demos at the top of the getting started section till I get it figured out again

I dont tune stuff often enough I suppose but I dont find it paticularly intuitive like some other features of the software I may not use for a while but when I need to its like riding a bicycle all comes right back to me , not the case with configuring histograms for whatever reason - you arent left handed also by chance are you lol

maybe there will be some changes in the way the histos work by the time the next public release comes out

I always keep my eyes peeled when people post their configs on here and have saved many of them -they are great to refer for info to make certain histo's work
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    Hey thanx for the reply's,
    Murph, not left handed.....just a bit dyslexic....lol, but still, a little frustrating for me.
    What you posted is exactly what I'm going threw.
    It seem that the HP program is "kinda"........ not going to bash.
    I know it's a powerful tool, a decent (good) format for tuning.
    For the amount of cash, a real discount for the DVD tutorial would be a real plus.
    You know for the guy, not out to make money, just wants the most out of his vehicle.
    The local Guru, is giving up on car tuning.....sigh. So, trying to hook up with someone for those little D'oh moments, and don't know how to ask. or even worse one of those "I didn't even know you could do that" kinda stuff.
    Guess I'm frustrated.
    Any one have any spike cleats for my shoes?
    Last edited by GeoJB; 02-14-2011 at 03:19 AM.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Try filling out your profile information and location. Perhaps someone nearby will come to your rescue.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Advanced Tuner
    my recollection from other forums is he is in Angola NY
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    Thanx Murph.
    And updated profile.

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/attach...1&d=1297719771

Hope this works copy of my config file.
    The LFT & SFT are not in the histo.
    It doesnt show up with a scan.