Thread: Hp won't read TCM in my engine swap 2006 8.1, allison 6 speed

Tuner in Training

Hp won't read TCM in my engine swap 2006 8.1, allison 6 speed

What's up guys, I've swapped in a 2006 8.1l and Allison 6speed into my 1986 chevy. I've wired up the obd2 plug like I have before, to the serial port wire. My hp tuners reads the PCM but not my TCM. Is there a certain way to wire up the TCM, does it have it's own serial port wire or does it just go through the PCM? I have 2.23 beta software which should read it and I did it in slow speed.. So I need to know if there's a certain way you have to wire up the Allison TCM. Or if anyone has wiring diagrams for this engine and tranny that would be so helpful

The 6 speed allison TCM is can (pins 6 and 14 on the OBD2 port) where the ECM is VPW, (pin #2 on the OBD2 port)

Ryan

Tuner in Training
    Which two wires go to 6 and 14? Thanks for ur help

Tuner in Training
    Like he said, this year and newer are CAN BUS. So unless you have done this year or newer before you have a new learning curve to do. The stock LBZ engine in an 06 has a diagnotisc port with like 6-7 wires, not the older like 2 wires for everything. This needs like 2-3 wires for each.

The above pin out will get you going, just explaining a little more in case.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for ur help but im not seeing any pinouts posted above..