Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: IDRIVEAG8GT- Help with my STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by meekna View Post
    Definately need more work on the trans under WOT, I'm just not sure if it is shift times or pressures, whatever. I have the times set for shifting the same (changed from yours PGA2B) but 3-4 under WOT seemed to take 2 secs, like it couldn't find the gear. Then say 4-2 was totally unexpected, big lag then it found 2. I'm going back to original 1-27-11 and put in my engine changes, those I like.

N

Oh, does the beta version support changes only download for the E67?
    I does a lot more but there are only so many improvements that we can use.

As for your tune:
    1. Check your shift inertia tables.
    2. What did you change in the Supercharger settings?
    3. The 3-4 lag time is a common problem that has been discussed in the Transmisson section. Read up on it. There are several theories floating around.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Meekna- I also sent you an email.......
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Tuner in Training
    I ended up getting 8 unused credits with my HP Tuner. Ill let you know when I get 2.23. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I know its the wrong place but the transmission area is quiet it seems. Anyone able to post a screen of all the transmission settings that can be changed?

There are SOOOOO many tables you can modify because of the Sport Mode, Competition Mode, T.C. Off Mode, Manual Mode, etc...... I will try to take a screen shot when I get home tonight.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    There are SOOOOO many tables you can modify because of the Sport Mode, Competition Mode, T.C. Off Mode, Manual Mode, etc...... I will try to take a screen shot when I get home tonight.
    you know I appreciate it. I would like to see how they seperate all the modes.

I tried but I can't get it to screen shot. Do you have your Interface yet?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Y'all having fun yet?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Meekna- I also sent you an email.......
    Thanks PGA2B, I did about the same changes, except you went about 50% more than what I did. So I dumped in your settings, and changed my trans back to previous. I like it. Smoother shifting, throaty sound from the exhaust with those exhaust cam changes.

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    2-3, 3-4 inertia multipliers. (Lower shift time) 4-2 Up the Downshift pressure. (Line pressure.) Firm shifts= Maximum Line pressure. Be careful. The 6L's WILL get violent shift habits.
    OK, I might dabble in that and see what happens. Thanks!

OK, I might dabble in that and see what happens. Thanks!
    Welcome! If you guys are really nice I will share a cool little Torque Converter secret and what to do to the exhaust to pick up some extra ponies.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Welcome! If you guys are really nice I will share a cool little Torque Converter secret and what to do to the exhaust to pick up some extra ponies.
    Not bad. Perform the following mods to your Torque Converter.

-Change Tq reduction on the TCC section to enable at 2550 and disable at 2000.

If he copied over my tranny settings I played with the Inertia settings and the TCC enable/disable as you suggested earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 02-24-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Tuner in Training
    Im waiting for the intake first before I order.

I just want to know how it looks in terms of where the changes are made. I want in drive to shift like a Mercedes at full throttle, you dont feel the shifts at all, just smooth acceleration. I would like to know if thats even possible?

Tuner in Training
    Im excited too. And I want to know these secrets G8GT has to share with us.

Well it's not really a secret just making the TCC come in per your D, SD, and MM modes. You have to adjust the shift points though in accordance.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Thanks PGA2B, I did about the same changes, except you went about 50% more than what I did. So I dumped in your settings, and changed my trans back to previous. I like it. Smoother shifting, throaty sound from the exhaust with those exhaust cam changes.
    Thanks, but I didn't change any cam settings......... What year is your car? I just compared my modified tune to my stock tune and there were no changes to any cam settings...I had the latest flash update from Cadillac so maybe they changed factory tune?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Tuner in Training
    bump

Potential Tuner
    Glad to see their is some action happening with our V series ride! Jamie, If it's ok with you, Can I take a look at your recent tune? I'd like to see the tranny settings compared to the tune I have in there now.

Sure. I will email it to you. There are some interesting developments on the Supercharger front too. Not sure if you have ever heard of Bob Stiegemeier or not but he is a guru on Eaton porting. He has developed an overdrive gearing system that ups the boost to 17-18psi with the stock Supercharger pulley and crank pulley called Snake Bite. He has been doing it for Ford Cobra's for some time now. He is getting into the Cadillac Northstar now.

Back to my tune. I have not done anything as far as engine tuning yet just some Supercharger stuff. Still waiting on the Intake. Spectre has them in hand and doing Quality Control. They should ship to me next week.

Exciting times!!
    Last edited by PGA2B; 02-25-2011 at 07:48 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

Potential Tuner
    Sure. I will email it to you. There are some interesting developments on the Supercharger front too. Not sure if you have ever heard of Bob Stiegemeier or not but he is a guru on Eaton porting. He has developed an overdrive gearing system that ups the boost to 17-18psi with the stock Supercharger pulley and crank pulley called Snake Bite. He has been doing it for Ford Cobra's for some time now. He is getting into the Cadillac Northstar now.

Back to my tune. I have not done anything as far as engine tuning yet just some Supercharger stuff. Still waiting on the Intake. Spectre has them in hand and doing Quality Control. They should ship to me next week.

Exciting times!!
    I heard about Stiegemeyer, but from what I remember reading on the other site, was that the guy that was the test mule never got good results..? maybe i'll go back and check it out. I'm really pumped about that intake! I'll be checking out the tune in the morning at work, and trying it out!