Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help: E85

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. 2008 SS View Post
    E-85 tune,
    1.Did you fix the idle problem?
    2. Set the fuel table?
    3. What reading on the wide band O2 in part and full runs?
    4. What is your base timing and advance?
    5. Was it diffcult to set up your base tune for E-85?
    6. I am in the Norheast and I need to talk to some one with E-85 tuning experience.

2008 Trailblazer SS LS2, K@N, Flowmaster cat back AWD

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS
    I wouldnt say I'm experienced by any means, but Ill try to answer your questions....

1. Yes, I did fix the idle problem, I drilled the feed hole for the IAC out to about 3/8" and that resolved it.

2. & 3. As to the fuel table. I set stoich to ~9.8 per NicD (the premiere LSx tuner in AZ) and the car ran really well right off the bat. I was using a DynoJet Wideband commander and when the gauge indicates 14.7 it is registering lamda regardless of the fuel. @ WOT I was running about 11.5 on the wideband, probably a little on the rich side, but I was undersized on the injectors and wanted it to be as safe as possible.

4. I believe my tune is posted on here, but can post again if you want, I never got a chance to make the necessary changes to the tune as far as timing goes, but I tried adding 4* to what I had in teh tune via VCM scanner on one pass and saw absolutely no improvement in ET/MPH. Then again, it could be a result of my combination.

5. It was easy as once stoich was changed the fuel trims kicked in and kept things in like +/-10% at most, probably mostly a result of my car not having been street tuned.

Tuner
    THANKS FOR THE QUICK INPUT WILL TRY THE NEXT DAY

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS

Tuner
    Nice link good info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_burn#Principle

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS