Thread: Wiring wideband through AIR system(not A/C), is this possible

Tuner

Wiring wideband through AIR system(not A/C), is this possible

Since I'm running "race headers" and no longer utilize the AIR System, Would it be possible to connect the wide band through w/e ECU pin that would be??? If not what pin would that be on the ECU so I can steal it and move to the empty spot for EGR and wire it that way?

Hope this makes since to everyone

Tuner
    Anybody??? I never get answers.... lol

any place the pcm can see a 0-5v will work..
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

I dont believe it will work through the air pump...
    thats a command the pump on and off circuit.. it doesnt measure anything... its not a sensory input device
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    I have only read A/C switch or EGR as the two possible places.
    But I have to be just brutally honest, I log via A/C and well, I really wish I just went ahead and bought the PRO version.
    Always having to include all these PID's formulas. And I always wonder about speed/syncing of the data. (rest of the logged data)

I made a post in another section in here about how to go through the EGR for fuel pressure logging. It includes pinouts and ins for the C5 PCM. Just change your formula for whatever sensor you choose. The PID info will be the same.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Or if you're not using the sensor after the cat, I think you can wire right up to the existing harness.
    99 Dark Metallic Bronzemist SSEi, 187K, S3, P&P GenV, 3.4MPS, N*TB & LQ4, SLP Headers, Cat & EGR Delete, Hockey puck TA mount, Solid Trans/Motor mount, KYB fronts, MSD Wires&Coils, TRE-340, Thrasher CAI w/ 9" K&N, C-Ya Shift Kit, Hayden Trans cooler.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 99ssei View Post
    Or if you're not using the sensor after the cat, I think you can wire right up to the existing harness.
    Except your after cat Air fuel ratio is different and not accurate. I have measured both at the same time, and it .4 different (richer pre-cat)
    ie. 13.1:1 pre cat, 13:5:1 after cat

Tuner
    NO, I went ahead and wired it in the EGR, I have O/R Kooks X-pipe, not cats to worry about. Now I just can figure out how to make all this PID histogram mess work..... I should stick to wrenching, lol