Thread: 1st LNF tune

1st LNF tune

Im lost here trying to tune my first LNF. I haven't really been tuning much GM stuff in the last couple years. This little turbo toy is confusing.

I think I get the Pe table

lambda = 14.68

so 14.68 * .76 = 11.2 commanded AFR?

I have tuned some supercharged cobalts so it isn't all greek. Anyone have something I can look at for a stock car? I downloaded the file in the respository and tried it. It stayed in the 13's on the dyno well into the rpm range and I stopped pulling the car.

Where do these things like to be air fuel wise? Looks like 10-12 degrees of timing works best at 15++ PSI. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    on the DI motors a 13:1 afr isn't uncommon.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I run my personal LNF car at a 12.6-12.8 or a .88 lambda at WOT I also run 21-22* of timing on pump 93 at 22.5psi!

Which is all we can do since HPT hasnt' unlocked our wastegate or fuel pressure tables....

WINK WINK

Advanced Tuner
    Stock HHR with 93 octane i was running 22ish boost, holding 19-20 to redline, redline at 7k, and about 18* timing up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Stock HHR with 93 octane i was running 22ish boost, holding 19-20 to redline, redline at 7k, and about 18* timing up top.
    I think I have a half way decent file put together at this point. I downloaded a few histograms and config files. I will continue to play with it. I haven't got it to hold anywhere near 18 degrees up top. 14ish with top tier 93 octane.

Can you post your file so I can see what I am missing.

Fuel trims being off causes knock, work on the fuel trims.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    I was also running 18* in the summer, winter blends suck. Im running 14* on 24psi right now but I have bolt ons aswell(never tried more than 14* on 93oct) BTW, dont use QT gas, it blows. Its 93 here but I was getting PLENTY of KR on it.

The tune in the repository is good, I would just change the intake cam warm table to a stock one and then tune the MAF. .88 is a good place to be