Thread: Now we have it... Voltage Offset for Injectors!

Senior Tuner

Wink Now we have it... Voltage Offset for Injectors!

Alright guys, here we go. The V-6 community now has the ability to tune the voltage offsets for injectors. Every injector made has varying degrees in time that it takes for the injector to open and close. Those of us that have up sized our injectors in a V-6 platform have not had this ability until the recent Beta version of HP! Injectors, for those that are not sure what is going on, are using a magnet "feed by voltage" to actually open and close. Anyone that has used electro-magnets knows that the strength of a electro-magnet changes with voltage, same applies to our injectors. If you have installed larger injectors, this one is something we should all get cleaned up asap I think. I was thinking we could use this thread to get some offset tables listed for others to use.
    I have a 2000 Grand Am that is 3400 build. Car had 22lb injectors and now has 36lb ones. Here is an example for the 22lb injector offsets:

Attachment 26637

And now I need to find the Offset tables for a Grand Prix's 36lb injectors. I will mod this post in a few once I have the tables.... brb... hopefully... lol

OK, here are the tables for the 36lb injectors:

Attachment 26638

What I was thinking here is that we could add Offset tables for other injectors and make it easy for us to make these changes when installing injectors outside our factory ratings. So if you have other injector offest tables that would be of use to the V-6's, please post em up!

Last edited by MMGT1; 01-01-2011 at 12:56 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah I'm pretty sure our gm engineer added these to all 700+ GM V6(non alloytech) operating systems back in late Sept.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Awesome man, the addition of the OL stuff and this one has me right back into this. It's nice to be playing with the car again, just too bad its the dam winter time.. But I have to admit, I coud not have done the start-up tables in OL if it wasn't. Getting the OL tables now was actually ideal for me. I can tune the entire range with the varying temps we are getting now.

Advanced Tuner
    Unless the Grand Am is different than the Grand Prix I don't think that scale is right on the offset vs ignition voltage.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Senior Tuner
    The scale is from a stock Grand Prix with the 36lb injectors. An 02 from the repository, what does your 05 show in its stock tune?

Advanced Tuner
    I don't have this in HP Tuners. How do I get it?
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perforator View Post
    I don't have this in HP Tuners. How do I get it?
    You would need to request the beta version of software via support at hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

injector offset

Have you tried the 36 lb offset table and if so what if any change have you seen. the reason i ask , i got 36 lb inj in my 02 malibu 3100 with 8 lb boost and been thinking of trying the 36 lb table you posted, my car works okey now , ecomony isn't great, but i'm always trying to inprove it, thanks

Senior Tuner
    First off, I was able to return my MAF table to stock in the idle region and am now... for the first time ever... showing 0 trims! Also, fuel smell is reduced at start up but that I attribute that to a combo of this table and the OL Tables that I just found out about. Maybe just my insanity, but I swear the car is much smoother at highway speeds now too. But back to the real improvment, idle is a hell of a lot better for sure, no question there. Since I cammed this thing 4 years ago it has NEVER idled with 0 trims showing in the scan.

Tuner in Training

thanks

Thanks for the reply, i'm going to flash your 36 lb table in my car and see what it does.