Thread: alloytech V6 reading entire vcm failed

alloytech V6 reading entire vcm failed

Hey guys, I am working with a pontiac G8 V6 , the alloytech engine. I am able to use the scanner and log data, but the minute I try to pull the stock tune off the VCM, it fails. I get all the way to reading entire VCM and then the car chimes, throws up some warning lights for abs and parking brake, says to contact dealer and the Editor fails. This is my first time connecting to the car and I am the only owner, so everything is stock. I have a feeling i am missing a step with alloytech engines because right after I failed on the g8, I pulled a tune off of a 5.3 vortex.... if anyone can shoot me some help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Andrew

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pretty sure the only G8 V6's we support are the 2010 export model's which use an E67 pcm...the 08-09 G8's use either an E77 or E69 pcm which currently isn't supported at this time. We will be looking into these pcm's sometime in 2011 but don't have an exact eta at this point.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I have no idea if it is supported by HP Tuners.....

But I had a heap of issues trying to read my tune first go for the alloytech. I think it was a mix of the car/windows on my laptop & hp tuners software at the time.

It took me like about 8 goes first time around to get 1 read as it would keep cutting out at various intervals.

Sometimes the car shuts you out of the ECU after a while I think. I tried heaps of combinations (leaving my front drivers door half open, opening and closing it every 5 mins etc to keep the car active).

In the end I got a read by removing Windows Vista from my laptop and using Windows XP first time around which still took a few goes with the mixing of the car door thing. That seemed to do it for me.

Now I use Windows 7 however and have no issues.

Thanks Bill. Sorry this response is so late, I didn't check my thread after one of the support guys emailed me back saying it wasn't supported. I know a lot of guys out there who are anxious to get access to the G8 base. Any way you guys can make it supported a bit faster

Thanks again!
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun