Thread: LNF Stage 1 help!

Tuner in Training

LNF Stage 1 help!

I have the stock tune in my 08 automatic HHR SS. Im looking to do a 3bar map upgrade. GM calls this the STAGE 1 upgrade.The stage 1 tune instalation is showing abut 15 different tunes for the different cars just wanna do some comparing. Even my 08 hhr auto could have 3 different Stage 1 tunes depending on the VIN. Can you guys post your stage 1 (or comparable) tunes so i can take a look to compare?Also if you coul list you mods for your tune that would help as well thanks
    Last edited by kidwitagoat; 12-15-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    Corey "SUPER" Cooper

This is the only '08 HHR GMS1 I've seen. IDK if it's an auto or not.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    I have one ill link/email to you tomorrow night for the 08 auto hhr ss.

Advanced Tuner
    cool guys.....thanks for helpin him out!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Advanced Tuner
    08 HHR SS GMPP Manual 12625957 <-- sorry its for the manual HHR SS even though it says auto in the repository but I dont seem to have the auto. I thought I had the auto, try the HHR forums, i know theres a couple auto HHR stage cars. Get ahold of camaro98z28. He has the tune file from his car but I never got it from him. You could always change the tables to a stock tune file from the tuned one if he doesnt have the stock tune file.

I just bought one of the HHR SS's to tool around in instead of driving my gas guzzler. I am just starting to familiarize myself with them a bit. If you buy the stage1 kit can I simply load that tune and be done. I read somewhere that the dealer HAD to flash the car because there were things in the tune that HPT wasn't able to write.

Is this true?

Advanced Tuner
    You can purchase the sensors and pigtails and flash it with HPT, you will not have the warranty though. Or you can just tune the HHR and be faster than the stage kit and be happy with that and for any warranty work just do a write entire back to stock.

I was thinking about buying the kit, having the dealer flash it, and tuning it on top of that with a downpipe, catback, plumbing, and intercooler upgrade.

Solid plan? I have a couple local folks claiming they have achieved 350 whp with the same mods??

Advanced Tuner
    Did you buy a stick or auto? Personally I am using a dual-tune since its still better than doing the GMPP kit. Right now on stock clutch I am running a catless dejon DP, dejon hard piping, and crazy steve IC. I am pushing just under 24psi and 14* timing since I don't want to spend the money on a clutch right now, but still spin in 3rd, warm or cold weather.

Personally, I would not waste the money on the dealer installed kit, especially with bolt ons as they will probally void the warranty. You can get sensors and pigtails for less than $100 and probally cheaper now that the sensors are $15 a peice... If you want to text me some time for more HHR specific info my phone number will be in PM response.

Thanks for all the insights. Mine is a stick. Will do
    Last edited by TurboTBSS; 12-19-2010 at 10:38 PM.