Thread: Configuration File for my Car

Tuner in Training

Configuration File for my Car

I just picked up HP Tuners so I can data log my car. At this point I am just interested in Data logging but need help figuring out how to setup HP Tuners to do what I want to.

Current setup on my car:

1999 Camaro SS
    Forged 347
    D1SC (13psi)
    SD Tune
    2 Bar
    100% Meth

I also have a wideband. I have the settings on that so I know how to configure and wire it into my interface.

Any help would be great.

there is a real good link for setting up the wideband @ thetuningschool.com (I think)

there are also some config's in the sticky at the top.

I would look for some help local...and then ask them what they like to see in the config...then set yours up like that, so your mentor can more easly walk you through the tuning process.
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Really only you know what you want it to do, ask your self if you are trying to do idle tuning, wot fuel tuning, wot spark tuning, etc. This will dictate what pid's you log in the table display.

From there are you looking for eye candy(Gauge display) or are you looking to do afr error tuning(histograms) or looking to correct your shift points(chart display works best for this IMO).

Then from there its just alot of playing with the settings & adding in the pid's you want
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    another thing you can do is go poach some configs people have posted in the section of the forum pertaining to your car ( gen3 v8) you could use the best ones you find as baselines then as you learn tweak them to your liking

like Bill mentioned ultimately they will end up custom to match your needs but if you are struggling someone elses config may get you headed in the right direction
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Try this Config, it should get you want you need.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for all the information.

I have not had time and good weather to get the car out and get some face time with playing around with the fdifferent settings. Wanted to have a good idea before I jump into it.

Thanks again