Thread: Can anyone log an LBZ???

Can anyone log an LBZ???

Really need to be able to log my truck for vane position fine tuning (Need MAF flow numbers) not to mention there are several other parameters that would be nice to see that my insight just doesn't cut it on.

Getting really frustrated with the scanner.. it won't log a single thing on my 06 LBZ. I have tried creating my own PID's, and everything else I can find to try... I'm getting nothing.

Does anyone have a config for an LBZ that actually works?
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning

Tuner in Training
    I hear your pain. I have a cfg that appears to log the MAF along with about 6 or 7 other things out of a dozen I would like to have logged. Can you believe we can't log pilot injection timing!!!!! The gauge setup is really screwed up for us as well. I don't know enough about tuning yet to try anything related to engine performance and this flaky software doesn't help build any confidence. I hate to say it but I'm about to jump ship and go to the competition for the diesel support.

PM me if you would like my amature cfg file. There may be some parts you can use.
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralTJI View Post
    Really need to be able to log my truck for vane position fine tuning (Need MAF flow numbers) not to mention there are several other parameters that would be nice to see that my insight just doesn't cut it on.

Getting really frustrated with the scanner.. it won't log a single thing on my 06 LBZ. I have tried creating my own PID's, and everything else I can find to try... I'm getting nothing.

Does anyone have a config for an LBZ that actually works?
    Email support with your issue so that we can assist you further.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by roy67ss View Post
    I hear your pain. I have a cfg that appears to log the MAF along with about 6 or 7 other things out of a dozen I would like to have logged. Can you believe we can't log pilot injection timing!!!!! The gauge setup is really screwed up for us as well. I don't know enough about tuning yet to try anything related to engine performance and this flaky software doesn't help build any confidence. I hate to say it but I'm about to jump ship and go to the competition for the diesel support.

PM me if you would like my amature cfg file. There may be some parts you can use.
    PM'd back, like to try yours out, thanks!

Email support with your issue so that we can assist you further.
    Done, thanks!
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning

Roy, your cfg file worked! was able to log rpm, and maf... couple of the others didn't read correctly but this is a big start! I will work with support to see if I can get some other sensors logging but I really appreciate you sharing your config. I was surprised to see with my current tune I was actually flowing the highest amount of air at 3500 rpms. Bumping my shift points up from 3350 to 3500 (in theory it should be slightly easier on the trans)

thanks,

Todd
    TJI Tuning

Just to update... the latest beta (I was running the 2.23 beta from about 6 months ago- and couldn't get any data from any sensors) fixed this issue. Now I can log lots of parameters!

Thanks,

Todd
    TJI Tuning

Little update:

I have trouble *sometimes* getting the logger to read anything from the ECU if I already have the truck running. But if I plug it in, connect it up with the key on, then start it, I don't have issues. Just thought I'd share for anyone else that may run into this issue...
    TJI Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Todd, I'm glad it was of some use to you. Too bad there isn't as much available for the LBZ as there is for the LLY and LB7. I suspect they haven't totally figured out the Bosch controllers yet. Maybe someday in the next year or two with any luck!
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges

These worked great for me. Took a while for me to set up, but most of the stuff does work. A few of the sensors were still not logging correctly, such as IAT and oil pressure, but overall these work very well.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Johns98TA; 12-24-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Thanks for the post! I'll give them a look in the next few days
    TJI Tuning