Thread: Computer does not want to communicate via OBD II port. HELP!!!

Potential Tuner

Computer does not want to communicate via OBD II port. HELP!!!

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with my car not wanting to communicate to my scanners. I have two seperate scanners, a handheld scanner (AutoXray) and a laptop based scanner (Auto Inginuity). Both work on other GM cars so I know it's not the scanners. This has been an on going problem for 2yrs. Sometimes they will sync and other times they won't. Today the laptop scanner couldn't even detect the car once it was plugged in and the handheld scanner connected for a few mins and then lost communication when I was checking the O2 sensors. My tuner, which has HPTuners, was also having problems syncing up to my yesterday. After 10 mins the thing finally linked up and after 30 seconds it lost communication.

So far I've checked all the fuses and they all seem fine. Then I took off the OBD II port and made sure all the pins were straight and wires were intact. I don't know what else to check.

Any ideas????

I want to purchase a HPTuners Pro kit but it'll be pointless if I can't resolve this problem.

My car is a 2005 Corvette MN6.

Thanks in advance.

Potential Tuner
    Long shot, but try replacing the OBD connectors fuse in the fuse box. If this was blown it wouldnt work at all, but maybe some gunk is causing issues or maybe the fuse burnt out but is still making contact?

Weirder things have happened.
    Jeramey
    Litzman Racing

Potential Tuner
    I'll try that today when I get home. I actually pulled the fuse last night and put it on top of a flash light to see if it was burnt at all. Fuse was clean as a new one. But I'll give that a shot today.

Any other ideas???

Potential Tuner
    Didn't work. I even rechecked all the pins again and nothing.

If the voltage that comes out of the OBD II port is low by even a small amount, will this create a problem as well? If so, what should that voltage be and I'll check it with a voltimeter.

battery volts..
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Quote Originally Posted by Sparo2 View Post
    I know this is serious but lol. It was funny looking.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap