Thread: Need Expert Help!

Tuner in Training

Need Expert Help!

I have a very annoying issue and I can't figure it out. I have a 2001 Grand Prix which has a top swap kit on it, so it's now supercharged. Anyways, before I had HP Tuners, I had a guy make me a canned tune to get me by. He actually did an awesome job, except for one thing. The fuel guage is reading empty all the time. I ordered another tune from another vendor. The fuel gauge worked on the new one, but the tune sucked and I was getting random multiple misfires with it. So, I thought I would pinpoint which part of the tune was causing fuel gauge issues, by comparing the 2 tunes. I eventually found the Acceleration Enrichment Decay table was affecting whether or not my fuel gauge would work or not. I copied the table from my new tune to my old tune, and the gauge worked. However, now the car is misfiring! What the hell is going on!?

D-load a stock tune from the repository. The table in there should work mediocre for both issues. You can tune from there. That's one option...
    Check with ur canned tune guy, and ask if you can post. Guys on here can help if you post up both tunes. There may be something else going on that HPT doesn't display and someone can have a squint at it for ya. Or, get Tiny Tuner and have a look for urself. (Be prepared for a lerning curve.)

Tuner in Training
    A stock GT tune isn't on the repository. Just a GTP file, so I don't have one to start with

Try this: It points to a stock GT tune in the repository.
    http://www.hptuners.com/customers/tu...ownload&id=835
    Last edited by passingpower; 12-10-2010 at 08:57 AM.

This is a stock tune from a 2001 Grand Prix GT.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Files Attached Files