Thread: help needed for a new guy.

help needed for a new guy.

i'm new to hpt but not new to tuning, im still learning this software so im hoping for some kind help, i have a constant p0132 code for running rich, i'm at a loss as to where i should try to adjust now. i'm attaching my latest scan, and my latest file. im still trying to figure out how to look at a scan and see problem areas with hpt software, im still watching videos and reading and a bit frustrated. thanks for any help.
    03 Alero V6 auto. this is my Autocross baby, full suspension mods with a few custom made parts, 28lb injectors, headers, full exhaust, ported 3500 manifolds, 65mm throttle body, Cai. custom transmission settings just for the sea of cones.

video if your interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epHlZ...eature=related

looking at your log.. 02mv is maxed out and the pcm is still adding fuel.. load a stock file and scan it.. if the 02mv is still staying up at 900+mv then replace your 02 sensor.. if it comes down then you know it is in the tune.

have you been clearing the trims after tuning changes?
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

i no longer have a stock file, so ill have to go with an o2 sensor first. how do you read the scans properly to come to that assessment? i cant make heads or tails from it yet.
    03 Alero V6 auto. this is my Autocross baby, full suspension mods with a few custom made parts, 28lb injectors, headers, full exhaust, ported 3500 manifolds, 65mm throttle body, Cai. custom transmission settings just for the sea of cones.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jabartram View Post
    i no longer have a stock file, so ill have to go with an o2 sensor first. how do you read the scans properly to come to that assessment? i cant make heads or tails from it yet.
    I'm sure there is a stock tune in the repository. You can also use the calibration from a grand am gT with a 3.4 to get you back to basics.

always safe your stock tune for reference.

Ken

The LTFTs look off, what fuel pressure are you running? Can you try setting the IFR to a constant value across the board (like 25), so that the trims become zero or slightly negative after a scan? The 12.5 target AFR may be a bit low, as well.

Also not seeing activity on the STFTs. If that happens after reseting trims, try hitting "close log file" at top of scanner, then restart scan.
    Last edited by AleroB888; 12-16-2010 at 02:57 AM.
    1999 GLS MP90 supercharged / 2003 GL MP62 supercharged / 2004 GLS stock
    Magnuson MP90 / TOG's / 3 in. Magnaflow exhaust / MSD ignition / LS1 MAF / Racetronix pump / HP Tuners / TCE 68mm TB / 36 lb Inj
    = Best track time: 12.951 @ 104.48, 1.839 60 ft. (Beech Bend Raceway Park, 11-23-13), 50 Deg. F
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpVYZPbpPzk

I installed a new o2 sensor, and i will be running a new scan shortley, hopefully with different results.

Quote Originally Posted by cobracmdr View Post
    I'm sure there is a stock tune in the repository. You can also use the calibration from a grand am gT with a 3.4 to get you back to basics.

always safe your stock tune for reference.

Ken
    the problem is i started using a powertuner, and never received a stock bin file from them, so i have never had a stock file for my car.

the problem is i started using a powertuner, and never received a stock bin file from them, so i have never had a stock file for my car.
    For reference only, here is the file from my stock 2003 Alero V6:

809-022307-Alero.hpt

The transmission tables are not the same as a GrandAm GT.....
    Magnuson MP90 / TOG's / 3 in. Magnaflow exhaust / MSD ignition / LS1 MAF / Racetronix pump / HP Tuners / TCE 68mm TB / 36 lb Inj
    = Best track time: 12.951 @ 104.48, 1.839 60 ft. (Beech Bend Raceway Park, 11-23-13), 50 Deg. F

Quote Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
    The LTFTs look off, what fuel pressure are you running? Can you try setting the IFR to a constant value across the board (like 25), so that the trims become zero or slightly negative after a scan? The 12.5 target AFR may be a bit low, as well.

Also not seeing activity on the STFTs. If that happens after reseting trims, try hitting "close log file" at top of scanner, then restart scan.
    i have 28lb injectors, stock ifr shows 21.31 for 22.5lb injectors, when i do the math(if im correct) my 28lb injectors should be set to 17.12. is this correct? which means im running way rich. but my wideband nearly always shows proper afr? i have a new season of autocross starting in January im hoping to get things tweaked before then.

fuel pressure is adjustable, im running approx 48 psi at idle.

i have 28lb injectors, stock ifr shows 21.31 for 22.5lb injectors, when i do the math(if im correct) my 28lb injectors should be set to 17.12. is this correct? which means im running way rich. but my wideband nearly always shows proper afr? i have a new season of autocross starting in January im hoping to get things tweaked before then.

fuel pressure is adjustable, im running approx 48 psi at idle.
    I am running 28 lb. Trailblazer injectors, also. I have tried different fuel pressure settings, and adjusted the IFR accordingly. The lowest I used was around 23 with the stock 1999 regulator, which had a fuel pressure of about 38. For a fuel rail pressure of 45-48 I used an IFR of about 25.

I also tried fuel pressure set to 58-60, to get more output from the injectors, and a setting of 28 for the IFR produced average LTFTs close to zero. But drivability was not good with that high fuel pressure.

I can't explain the readings you got on that scan, though. It's as if there is some failure mode going on, or the scan is not reading correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
    I am running 28 lb. Trailblazer injectors, also. I have tried different fuel pressure settings, and adjusted the IFR accordingly. The lowest I used was around 23 with the stock 1999 regulator, which had a fuel pressure of about 38. For a fuel rail pressure of 45-48 I used an IFR of about 25.

I also tried fuel pressure set to 58-60, to get more output from the injectors, and a setting of 28 for the IFR produced average LTFTs close to zero. But drivability was not good with that high fuel pressure.

I can't explain the readings you got on that scan, though. It's as if there is some failure mode going on, or the scan is not reading correctly.

but you are S/C'd so higher injector output is needed, im still n/a so i might be to rich? i wont make any changes till i get a chance to re-scan, i'm doing some suspension work this weekend so it wont be till next week.