Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GenIII EOI fuel timing

It exists. Soundengineer made one! Search threads on here for it

Senior Tuner
    Read thru it all, WOW!

So when does Hp Tuners hire you to make 2.24 a reality?
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    Bringing it back from the dead! Very good thread. someone make a xls to calculate the EOIT for an inputed camshaft value

-Carl
    this
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner
    All I got to say is holy crap

Advanced Tuner
    one comment I didnt see was larger ingertors on a stock engine ???? lets say a 4.3 v6 no cam

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    Several things have always aggrovated me about the GenIII pcms. Not having source code for the os's, certain things are either unknown or you have to take someone's else word on how it works. Unlike the days of old when it was reasonable for a professional like myself or even a hobbiest to break apart a 16k bin and know what every byte did, things are to big and complicated to handle like that anymore. Thats why we pay companies like HPT the big bucks to do it for us.

It may not be reasonable for me to spend the time to reverse engineer the thousands of gm os's that exist, but I decided that it was for me to build a benchtop stimultor to simulate a running engine and function as a digital scope to watch outputs.

Anyway, with the racing year slowing down I finally found a little time to devote to my project. Took a CStamp packing a 40mhz PIC18F6520 and layed out and built all my hardware. Wrote all the software for the microcontroller and then wrote an app to control and communicate with it on the PC side. Couldn't find any data on the event timing on the 24x/1 signals so I took an pigtail wired with a led and read the timing patterns off an engine that we just got back from the machine shop. Here is the data I read incase anyone else would like to have it. 24X-1X.xls

I'd never seen a definative answer on what the units for eoit tables really meant, so that was the first thing I wanted to tackle. I'd heard everything from 15,33,45 on the reference periods, much a less what starting point the bondaries were relavent from. So after much flashing and observing, I compiled a data sample only to discover that a reference period is actually 90 degrees. The normal and boundary are added together like we were told. but the starting point appears to be some non natural point long before the engine cycle. Also the makeup numbers seem to have no effect. If the code is actually functional, there must be a master switch that has it disabled because no matter were I put the makeup numbers I never observed more than one fuel pulse per engine cycle. Here is the data I recorded.

Observed_FT.xls

The only formula that I could come up with that fit all recorded data was -784 + ((Boundary + Normal) * 90). That puts the stock settings yeilding an eoit of 300 degrees ATDC compression, which makes sence. That also means the max that it can be retarded is 656 ATDC if viewed as a 720 engine cycle. Which is all the range we need since for somthing like an G5X3 the exhaust is closed by 390 and the intake by 610. Which before I was always conserned that if the units were 45 degrees or less than 8 + 8 wouldn't allow enough range to delay any of the fuel after the exhaust had closed.

Don't know if this helps anyone, but it makes me feel better about what I'm changing and tying to rationalize the results I've had from boundary changes.
    I know this is a old thread but the links are broken and no longer work. Could someone please post them back up with a working link?
    Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone have the EOIT calculator spreadsheet from this thread? The links are broken since it's a pretty old thread. Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by essmotorsports View Post
    Does anyone have the EOIT calculator spreadsheet from this thread? The links are broken since it's a pretty old thread. Thank you in advance!
    I believe this is what you want.

Best regards,

Bill
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531 View Post

Best regards,

Bill
    AWESOME!!!! Thanks Bill, these tools are just so informative and handy!!!

Tuner in Training
    on thia topic does anybody still have his VE builder?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531 View Post

Best regards,

Bill
    Thank you bill! Can anyone explain how to use it, per say? for example, should we use .006 or .050 valve events?