Thread: P1516 Problem - Maybe Dr. X adapter?

Question P1516 Problem - Maybe Dr. X adapter?

I've tuned a few trucks with the X-Link on them, but my buddy Zach's is the only one I've had an issue with so far. I've got the ETC Scalar where it "should" be according to the threads I've read. On the second truck I did with an X-Link on it, I left the ETC Scalar stock and no problems yet for over a year. It shows 100% TPS no problem (04 OS/PCM/TAC), whereas Zach's 06 only shows 98% at WOT.

I have a feeling that since Zach's is an '06 and our Pedal/TACs are different than the 03-05's that might be the source of our problem. Here's what we've done to test everything.

Stock 07-08 NBS 87mm throttle body - TPS would dip to 97% at the lowest at WOT, would trip REP with code P1516 at WOT high in second gear. All of the airflow diag tables are maxxed out, to be sure that wasn't the problem. It would do it sometimes, but not all the time.

Stock 09 NBS 87mm throttle body from Express Van (pulled off my motor) - I couldn't get it to trip REP when I drove it, but then again it's a intermittent problem and randomly happens. I wasn't able to log TPS% with this throttle body yet.

Stock LS2/LS3 90mm throttle body - tripped REP earlier today with the same P1516 code. He did clip the two pink wires to make it correct for the car throttle body. I haven't gotten to log this one yet to check for TPS%, but I'm kinda hoping in a way that it's sub 100%.

That being said, since the code is "Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance", could this be caused by the Dr. X adapter not translating the voltage correctly back to the TAC? I know the TAC interprets the desired pedal position and compares it to the desired TPS per pedal position and will set the DTC if it doesn't correlate, maybe the TPS coming back through the X-Link isn't right. If I can I will break out the voltmeter tonight and test it all.

Anybody have a similar issue? I think truckmann had the same problem but fixed it by going to another throttle body. Since we tried two brand new throttle bodies I figured I would post on here for some insight. We're kinda lost on this one.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

I have the same on 2010 Camaro
    some body help please

Attachment 26270

Quote Originally Posted by fahadss2000 View Post
    I have the same on 2010 Camaro
    some body help please

Attachment 26270

load all throttle positions sensor pids in the table display and log a wot pass and post it.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Advanced Tuner
    You said ls2/ls3 style, they are different. Ls2 requires cutting wire, ls3 does not.

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Quote Originally Posted by 03Sierraslt View Post
    You said ls2/ls3 style, they are different. Ls2 requires cutting wire, ls3 does not.
    ahhhh true true. I didn't even think of that until now. I'll have to tell Zach to try using the LS3 without cutting the wires. I didn't realize it but I guess his throttle body is a LS3. I didn't know the obvious difference in throttle body blade color (gold vs. silver).

Besides that, the newer express van throttle body functions perfect with no hiccups so far.
    '20 AT4

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebdb56 View Post
    ahhhh true true. I didn't even think of that until now. I'll have to tell Zach to try using the LS3 without cutting the wires. I didn't realize it but I guess his throttle body is a LS3. I didn't know the obvious difference in throttle body blade color (gold vs. silver).

Besides that, the newer express van throttle body functions perfect with no hiccups so far.
    Yes the LS3 has a gold throttle blade and opens the opposite direction as the LS2. I have a LS3 TB with a Dr. X Link and so far all is well. The LS3 TB functions the same as the Truck 87mm as far as wiring and blade movement direction. Also I just checked a scan today and I am seeing 100% TPS as well.

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

What's a dr. x link?

Quote Originally Posted by RACELS1 View Post
    What's a dr. x link?

It let's you run a newer 87/90mm electric throttle body on a GenIII drive by wire (non 87/90mm) harness

www.torquerush.com
    '20 AT4

Quote Originally Posted by RACELS1 View Post
    What's a dr. x link?
    best thing since sliced bread for GEN III DBW guys wanting to run larger TB's
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors

Bump.
    I am running into the same issue. only hitting 98% at WOT. did you ever get this resolved??? Can I reset the ETC by disconnecting the battery?
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors