Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help 408 Stroker P1SC Procharger

Tuner in Training

Help 408 Stroker P1SC Procharger

I have yet to get this figured out folks. I have a 2000 Trans Am, 408 stroker, P1SC Procharger, Mild cam, 41lb LS3 Corvette injectors.

Problem.
    I can get it to idle but at idle it reads nearly 18.5:1 AFR. If I give it some gas it jumps around from 12-14.9. I tried tuning the VE table with the help guide, it made it run even worse. Tried to drive it around ended up dying a block away. had to unplug the IAC and TPS to get it back home. Driving it, it backfires BAD all the time. If I am in the garage trying to tune, 10 seconds of idling makes my eyes water bad like it is super rich yet my wideband is telling me about 18.7:1 AFR. I am running a 2 bar SD tune. Here is the guide I tried to get this thing tuned from.
    http://ls1tuningguide.com/tuningmanu...ons%20rev3.pdf

Here is my Cfg, Log File and Tune.

Please help he folks. My brother leaves for another tour on Tuesday and he was really wanting to see what the car had in it.

Stephen Schoeffler

stop.

you are asking for an EQ of 11.25 in your PE table. That is killing you; it's 1.2x:1 AFR.

On top of that issue, the car looks like it's misfiring in the log. I suppose that could be related (wet plugs) but it may not.
    Last edited by Frost; 11-22-2010 at 12:51 AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Yes it is backfiring BAD. I would assume it is from the many tune attempts I have tried to make and failed. I downloaded the most recent version of HP tuners that did not use microsoft frameware because it kept screwing up every time I tried to save.

Tuner in Training
    I really dont have the time to wait for Monday for them to respond. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the problem? Is there a beta version I can download or is this a problem in my HP tuners box itself?

Tuner in Training
    On top of all this let me show you what I have been trying to do. I think its what I am supposed to do from reading various help files.

Ok I am taking the numbers that are -10 and below(-12, -15, -15, etc etc) and I am doing the paste special and multiply by percent. Numbers that are +10 and above(15, 20, 25, etc etc) and I am multiplying -half. That is the correct way, no?

Tuner in Training
    This is what my table looks like so far. I have been trying to correct things in here, and the more I correct, the less it will just idle. So far I am having to keep it idling via the gas pedal...it wont just...idle. Anyway, here's the picture. I have been adjusting everything between 100KPA and 2000RPM

Tuner in Training
    Also I wanted to provide my fuel injector data. I am running stock LS3 injectors. I did a check on the the PSI and put it into that excel worksheet. Their rated flow rate is 41. LS3 operates at 58psi and so does the LS1, right?

Tuner in Training
    Also reading through one of the help files I read that IAC sensor should read around the 60s range. I reset mine, set the TPS sensor to 2% like the guide said, turned key off, unplugged, plugged in, turned key back on to reset it, and it still reads in the 100s range. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it, just trying to provide all the data I know of.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I let it run at idle longer this time, I had to keep the TPS sensor to 5% this time to keep it from dying. Here is the log file. Still backfiring yes...

Go backwards on your VE to the previous one... I told you the car was misfiring; you can't do any VE work with a misfiring car. Misfires look lean. Get rid of the giant VE spikes in the tune, fix the misfire. That file is not going to work. There is a glitch making it command less than 2 AFR. It's not something you can fix without getting another file of the same year (different OS), re-applying the custom OS and doing a write entire.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Another thing I noticed when I do my past multiply by % -half it still adds to the number that I paste to in my Primary vs RPM vs MAP. Shouldnt it subtract it?.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I will see if I can find my stock file.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I found a completely different stock 2000 Trans Am w/ Manual transmission out of the repository. Is there a way to to write that tune to my car or do I have to change my file to what this one says?

Tuner in Training
    Ohhh I see what your saying. So basically you are saying I have to start all over again, buy another 4 credits because my software in my PCM is and it cannot be fixed?

Tuner in Training
    I hope HP tuners will help me out on this, I really dont want to spend another $200 on credits...hell I cant afford it.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I just applied my stock tune, converted it back to 2 bar and did a write entire. Log file is about 10 - 15 seconds of running, no backfiring. Am I ok now?

Tuner in Training
    woops uploaded the wrong file. I put the wrong tune on I believe. doing it again.

**Added the stock tune with 2 bar support, nothing else done. Welp it wont even run now so I am going to attempt to tune it.
    Last edited by sschoeffler; 11-21-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: More info

Tuner in Training
    Ok guys I have restarted the entire process, only this time I didn't use any other tunes to plug into my tune. I used my tune that was completely unmodified and did exactly what the help files said. No backfires and it idled. The idle was jumpy then it smoothed out then got jumpy again, but, it did not die. Here it is tell me what you think. Now I have just got to get the VE tables modified. I think I will drive around the block and see how she responds I will then post back. Here is the idle log.

Tuner in Training
    Ok just got back from the store no backfiring but it did try to bog out on me. Not holding idle by itself anymore tho. I wish I could see the histogram for AFR Error % but all the information I recorded on the MPVI Pro interface just shows a bunch of 0s in the data where the numbers should be.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    stop.

you have a glitch. I have seen this before, there is something wrong with the file/OS. Commanded AFR goes to like 1.2 (yes) and slams the injectors wide open. Email [email protected]. The log shows the issue clearly, so attach it when you email. Maybe send a link to this thread.

On top of that issue, the car looks like it's misfiring in the log. I suppose that could be related (wet plugs) but it may not.
    First I've heard of said glitch for an idle issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"