Thread: Tune for people to look over and play with.

Tuner

Tune for people to look over and play with.

I just uploaded my latest tune to the repositry under SSEFI. download the tune and the stock tune to compair.

it is aprox. 95hp with trans tables tuned for power. I need to drive the truck for a week or so to settle in and see where it goes

I have been running a 80hp tune for 4 years and 60k miles and never limped the transmission with stock transmission tables.

I never see tunes here so I am will start playing and see where we go.

Who wants to join in?
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

I downloaded both files but can't open the modified one.. What version of HPT did you use? I have 2.22 still

Tuner
    Sorry I am using the latest Beta.

For an Update I am VERY happy with how it turned out on the Transmission end. She is just a tadd "Hot" on the tune side but I have not had any time to play with it.

It is a little thumpy on the 3rd and 5th shift when cold but other that great!

I was towing with 17,400(trailer and 3/4t Suburban) over the scales today and WOT shifts in tow mode were spot on with a 100hp tune. not sloppy in the least and not hard just nice clean shifts.

The tune it self just purrs going down the road at 60-70 MPH and milage is up about 1.5MPG. I just need to Logg it in the area the EGTs climb and knock it down a hair. I am seeing 28-29Psi at the intake elbow.

I see no need for a $4k transmission rebuild(and I rebuild them) for me! I told people once the programing catches up there will be no need for alot of those spendy parts....But then they have a hard time selling those parts

BTW A TAPS reset (ALL) is a must as is relearn drive cycles. The transmission controller needs to relearn your transmission and its new habit. Shifting quality will be from soft to harse till it settles in
    Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 12-22-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

the engine tune looks alot like other tunes I've seen around the same HP. The transmission part is where I get confused. It looks like you dropped the shift times a bit and changed the adaptive pressures. But I thought the adaptive pressure was just a suggestion to the TCM and as you drive the truck it adjusts up or down depending on some variable. With that do you thing it is the reduced shift timings that is helping your allision to live?

I'd also be very curious for someone with a stock LLY allison to see if they can run a 90hp tune with similar trans setup. Reason I say this is LB7 have been known to be able to run a 90ish hp tune and where LLYs its more like 60-70.
    Last edited by turbo lcc; 01-04-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Do you happen to have any logs for this tune?

Tuner
    Sorry I have been very busy at the shop.

The engine tune is a combination of a few different tune's I have looked at over the years. The transmission tune is just experiance from many years of tuning

I do know the LLY has a different pump and a few other differences inside. I truley beleive with tuning this transmission can take alot more then what people give it credit for

so here is the up date. I limped the trans on a WOT 4-5 shift towing. So I went back in and tamed down the 3rd and 5th shift a haid. So far so good for over a month of towing even WOT shifts Towing. I am still trying to tame one area of the tune down but I might juswtg break down and add Meth. I am thinking I do not have enough turbo in that area to keep up and keep the EGTs cool.

I will try and check in more often
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A