Thread: Question for Mr. Banish

Question for Mr. Banish

Is there any reason to not use the Flow rate vs volts to scale for larger injectors on the Gen IV's? I know that it does not work on all vehicles, but I have gotten it to work on all that I have tried. The reason I ask is I have read that if you scale the tune the right way, things like your instant/average fuel economy do not work correctly. I just want to know the reason behind not using this table for scaling. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    Because it'll still clip at 63.5#, regardless of that table setting. What vehicles have you actually tested it on, and do you have datalogs showing you've gotten past the clip?
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Chances are that if you really need injectors that flow more 63.5lb/hr, then you're probably moving more than 512g/s of actual airflow too. Oh, and you might want to calculate your g/cyl and see where that falls (off) the spark maps too.

Scaling the displayed mpg on the DIC is a small price to pay for proper engine control.

Thanks for your responses. I am guessing that I have never had any problems because I dont actually max the MAF/get past the 63.5# clip on these cars(low boost vettes).

-What would I log to see that I am hitting the clip?
    -If I am not hitting the clip or maxing the MAF, would I see any other problems by using this table?
    -I really want to know if this can harm something down the line, or make for inaccurate fueling during some conditions?

If I can give proper engine control and correctly displayed mpg that would be awesome. I understand that this will not be the case for anything that actually uses all the injector, but it seems some kits have injectors that are a little to big for the application.

Thanks again for the help....cant wait for the next DVD...maybe it already anwsers some of these?