Thread: Using a different HP Tuners device on the same laptop.

Potential Tuner

Using a different HP Tuners device on the same laptop.

I am trying to use a different HP Tuners device on my laptop so that I have the valid licenses. I have a fleet customer who owns their own HP Tuners device but they need my help tuning. When I first plugged in the device I was able to edit the files but then the system locked up and now it says it can't read the device and when I try to synch it says "Command: Get credit information failed, Serial ID mismatch." How can I use this device with valid licenses on my laptop?

I have tried to find a way to update my serial number but can't find one.

Thanks
    -john

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HPRanch View Post
    I am trying to use a different HP Tuners device on my laptop so that I have the valid licenses. I have a fleet customer who owns their own HP Tuners device but they need my help tuning. When I first plugged in the device I was able to edit the files but then the system locked up and now it says it can't read the device and when I try to synch it says "Command: Get credit information failed, Serial ID mismatch." How can I use this device with valid licenses on my laptop?

I have tried to find a way to update my serial number but can't find one.

Thanks
    -john
    It's very easy as I do it all the time:

• Click on Help->License Info
    • Click on Update Application Key
    • Enter the different application key in the popup window and then click Ok
    • Click on the HP logo to let it communicate with the interface and you'll be good to go.

Good luck,
    Christopher

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    It's very easy as I do it all the time:

• Click on Help->License Info
    • Click on Update Application Key
    • Enter the different application key in the popup window and then click Ok
    • Click on the HP logo to let it communicate with the interface and you'll be good to go.

Good luck,
    Christopher
    Where do I get there application key? From their software? Do I need to update the serial number?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HPRanch View Post
    Where do I get there application key? From their software? Do I need to update the serial number?
    The easiest way to do it is follow the first two steps on whatever computer the other interface is normally connected to and then grab the application key (by copying and pasting) and e-mail it. You won't need to enter the serial number at any point.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    The easiest way to do it is follow the first two steps on whatever computer the other interface is normally connected to and then grab the application key (by copying and pasting) and e-mail it. You won't need to enter the serial number at any point.
    Worked perfect, thanks!