Thread: Just starting

Just starting

Ok so i just bought HP Tuners Pro and a LM-1 Wideband. My car has been sitting in the driveway for almost 5 months waiting for a tune. The car is a 99 T/A WS6 with, LS6 ported heads, Comp 236/242 .601/.610 114, LS6 ported intake, comp 925 springs, molly push rods, Stepped LT's 1"3/4-1"7/8, ORY, M6 hand ported LS1 TB. I have been starting it in my driveway once a week with no driving just to keep the battery charged. I have no idea where to start with HP Tuners. Can someone get me started on where to start. Im a complete FNG to all of this but want to learn!!!

Oh and it still has the stock MAF, MAP, and tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 1313of1600 View Post
    Ok so i just bought HP Tuners Pro and a LM-1 Wideband. My car has been sitting in the driveway for almost 5 months waiting for a tune. The car is a 99 T/A WS6 with, LS6 ported heads, Comp 236/242 .601/.610 114, LS6 ported intake, comp 925 springs, molly push rods, Stepped LT's 1"3/4-1"7/8, ORY, M6 hand ported LS1 TB. I have been starting it in my driveway once a week with no driving just to keep the battery charged. I have no idea where to start with HP Tuners. Can someone get me started on where to start. Im a complete FNG to all of this but want to learn!!!
    There is a beginers section with lots of videos and user advise.

Learning how to tune is a long process with many 'right' ways to do something. Think of it like music, you can learn how to play music rather quick though you can spend a lifetime mastering it.

A few months ago I was a noob to this stuff as well. I read a lot, especially the HPT forums, and messed with the software a lot.

Start by scanning since you already have been starting it up. This will give you an idea of where you need to start tuning.

Oh and it still has the stock MAF, MAP, and tune.
    Be sure to make a copy of your stock tune incase you need to reset your changes to the PCM.

Cool thanks for the advice. I also bought this used and logged on and changed the address and other things for the serial number. It says that I have 8 credits left on the website, but the guy i bought it from said that he did a full unlock of all 98 F bodys and also got VCM Enhancement, so will the VMC enhancement work when i lic my 99 too or will i have to buy the enhancement for my 99 too?

Just a real quick question, after i change my VE table and get ready to write it to the VCM, i have been doing a 'Write Entire", do i need to do an entire or do i just need to do a calibration write only? When do i use each?

never mind answer found

Just a real quick question, after i change my VE table and get ready to write it to the VCM, i have been doing a 'Write Entire", do i need to do an entire or do i just need to do a calibration write only? When do i use each?

Write Calibration Only..
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Question Write calibrate

I am also a newbie and have a transplanted stock LS2 from an 07 Trail Blazer SS and have been trying to "write calibrate" quite a few times. It always stops part way through with an error, but a write complete works. Could that be a wiring issue, or something else I am doing wrong with the software?

Glenn

Glenn,
    The 07 TBSS uses the E67 ECM so you have to do a write entire every time. I think they are working on a solution for the E67 so you don't have to do a write entire every time. Just wait, they will fix it once everything is figured out on their end.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Im trying to figure out how to hook up my LM-1 Wideband, I have added the Wideband to the EIO input and now am trying to figure out how to read it, what should i set the high end rich setting for warning to, and what should i set the low end lean warning to for the dashboard. How do i adjust the settings for the reader its self, and when driving on the box that it comes with its reading 14.7AFR and 1.07v. So what does this mean? Little help on all of this and anything else about the LM-1 and usage would be great. Thanks

Oh and i noticed the set up guide on here but its in PDF format and i cant open it on my computer.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune View Post
    Glenn,
    The 07 TBSS uses the E67 ECM so you have to do a write entire every time. I think they are working on a solution for the E67 so you don't have to do a write entire every time. Just wait, they will fix it once everything is figured out on their end.
    Newest beta software has the fix for this and can be obtained by contacting support at hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"