Thread: Looking for good tuning information

Looking for good tuning information

I am a auto tech and new to the tuning side. I am looking for good tuning guides websites or magazines. I bought the 6-speed trans tuning guide from the tuning school it is ok but tells u what to do step by step dosent really explain why or tell what happens if u set it the opposite way. I got the master gm efi tuner book it seems to be mostly theory and how a engine works and definitions. I will be tuning a few drag race cars and mostly stock trucks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    This forum is a good start, you'll be hard set to find one with more knowledgeable members or as much traffic.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I have been reading them for about 2 months now learning alot.

Tuner
    I would also look at the two books by Greg Banish. Lots of good theory information in there too. Really that's what you need to master is the theory because each car is a unique set up so completely understanding the theory will give you the foundation to make changes with. Greg's DVD is also a good video to watch for live demonstrations on the proper methods to tune with.

I have been wondering if the dvd was worth the money. I looked for used ones and couldn't find any may end up getting it.

Senior Tuner
    jseely: i got the banish dvd for sale if you're interested.

Yes i might be interested inbox me a price.