Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vats!

Vats!

I guess im just having a major brain fart or something but im trying to unlock Vats on my truck so it will start after the motor swap...... WHERE THE HELL IS VATS UNLOCK IN THIS THING!!!! i have been looking forever an cant find it. never had to use it before so guess its time to learn.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Ok never mind i found it under system general that should get it right?

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet08 View Post
    Ok never mind i found it under system general that should get it right?

yes and also would be a good idea to turn off the DTC's under Engine Diag. #3 no error reported.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

ok got that all sorted out. and i have fuel pressure now but no spark. I creditd the truck and i can access everyhing fine turns over smell fuel but no start. When i flash the truck do i need to also credit a write vin/tunerlock/vats? Thisould require 4 credits for the truck correct?

ok got that all sorted out. and i have fuel pressure now but no spark. I creditd the truck and i can access everyhing fine turns over smell fuel but no start. When i flash the truck do i need to also credit a write vin/tunerlock/vats? Thisould require 4 credits for the truck correct?

doubt its the tune causing no spark... post ur tune and what has been done.. ie; engine swap ect..

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure you have power to the coils during crank and run. A common mistake is only having power to them during runs thus no spark during crank.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Its a 04 v6 chevy. Swaped for a 5.3L and had the v6 computer flashed at oreilly to convert it to v8 since these ecu's are universale. i turned vats off and the 1630/1631 dtc codes did play with a few other small tables but nothing with spark

P1626 #3 no error reported and uncheck ses on P1630 and P1631 and write calibration only then let us know if it starts.

if no start or attempt to start.. eg; start die, start die... then check your crank sensor behind the starter and make sure you have it plugged in and it is not pinched in the trans cover ect..

did that and its asking me to credit for vcm enhancment? i already credited the car?

P1626 set to #3 no error reported is not an enhanced os and does not need credits to change.

read the file out of the pcm and change it then save the file and flash it.. if you are trying to use a custom os like 1 bar or maf enhanced it will cost you 2 credits.

ok trying that bear with me than you for the help nice to have yall in here

ok cheked crank sesnsor good put those dtc codes in and stil no sputter. There is power to the coils checked with test light. Do i need to do tht VATS write?

ok cheked crank sesnsor good put those dtc codes in and stil no sputter. There is power to the coils checked with test light. Do i need to do tht VATS write?

with the vats dissabled under system and in the dtc's no need to relink vats. vats is a start-die start-die loop that won't end,, so a no start would me something else.

the coils get battery power and that just means the fuse is good.. the pcm sends a ground signal to the coil to fire it.. I would check powers and grounds going to the pcm and make sure that the pcm has (all) grounds as well as crank and cam sensors have proper connections with no resistance. pull a plug and wire and make sure it is a no spark. make sure the fuel pump is working while your at it.. can you hear it running?

ok checked injetors there is a constant powr but there is no pulseing on the injector. This means that vats is not fully disabled since VATS disables fuel correct?

yes fuel pump comes on coils pulse on crank just injectors are not pulsing. is this related to VATS?

ok checked injetors there is a constant powr but there is no pulseing on the injector. This means that vats is not fully disabled since VATS disables fuel correct?

no... check the things in my last post

yes fuel pump comes on coils pulse on crank just injectors are not pulsing. is this related to VATS?

injectors have two wires... one is hot with battery switched power like the coils and the other goes to the pcm for a ground signal to fire the injector..

check the power at the injectors and if your have battery volts then check pcm grounds and crank and cam sensor wires.

checked everything you just listed 3 mechainics working lightning fast lol. Sooo i put power to my test light and checked for the pulling ground and its not pulsing. all the plugs are in. this confuses me so much lol

2004 silv. pull the two pcm wire connectors with the 80pins per side.. should be 4 grounds.. check each and make sure the volt ohms meter reads 0.00 on each for at least 5 seconds without changing from 0.00 at all.. if it changes then your missing a ground or it's shorted.. make sure you check the two key switched powers while your at it.. to the battery from the pcm for ohm's..(((((((.....unhook the battery first...........)))))))