Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg's DVD

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Well seeing how you're now in 8th grade I guess you still remember! Who the fuck cares what grade it was taught in. If you haven't used it in 20 years how the hell would you remember?
    Somebody's sour. I paid attention in school.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I just received both DVD's today and watched both of them. After watching the second DVD it makes me feel like going with a custom OS 2 bar SD tune was a mistake on my Gen 3 computer and I could have just scaled the approriate tables and used the MAF sensor even with my 15lb boost setup.
    Every since SD I have to fight IAT problems, just seems like it may be easier to tune in MAF?

Also with the injector data I entered in everything but it default min pulse the same as Minimum pulse?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I believe Edelbrock does what you said on their eforce kits, all MAF, no custom OS.

Greg's DVDs are good stuff!

Tuner in Training
    HP tuners seems like lazy software to me. Why is this injector legwork not already done for the user. Anyone ever used ecm link? EC tune? Hondata? Way more user friendly. Im not complaining but I think its interesting that we have to buy the software, buy credits, buy Gregs dvd, what's the deal? I am trying to get my Deka 80lb'rs to work properly but I can't seem to figure out what table I have wrong. Its not liking something because the 80lb'rs are out of fuel at the same point the 60's were. This isnt the only issue I have had with this software. Just odd that you have to make your own spread sheets to figure out how to setup your new injectors. Isnt that what this forum is for? Support. All I have found is people telling other people to buy this dvd. Sorry for the rant but hptuners has rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway, carry on.
    Turbo C5 FRC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    HP tuners seems like lazy software to me. Why is this injector legwork not already done for the user. Anyone ever used ecm link? EC tune? Hondata? Way more user friendly. Im not complaining but I think its interesting that we have to buy the software, buy credits, buy Gregs dvd, what's the deal? I am trying to get my Deka 80lb'rs to work properly but I can't seem to figure out what table I have wrong. Its not liking something because the 80lb'rs are out of fuel at the same point the 60's were. This isnt the only issue I have had with this software. Just odd that you have to make your own spread sheets to figure out how to setup your new injectors. Isnt that what this forum is for? Support. All I have found is people telling other people to buy this dvd. Sorry for the rant but hptuners has rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway, carry on.
    Greg's DVD although helpful, doesn't contain much for tables on injectors.
    Hopefully this excel spreadsheet might help you. I haven't used this for my application since I can't copy data into my software properly (Hopefully the support team will help me out on this one).

This isn't my file or my work, so credit to the author whomever you are.
    I had to find this on my own as well.
    99 Sierra Shorty 4X4 LQ9 TSP224R Cammed, 34lb/hr injectors, Pacesetter LT's, E-Fans, 4L60E w/goodies, Truetrac 3.73

2002 Pontiac Trans AM WS6 stock- garage queen.

Tuner in Training
    I found that spreadsheet also. It worked for setting up my injector flowrate table. Something else is going on though. I could care less about how the car drives, I just need the afr's to be correct in boost at wot. For some reason the ecu thinks it is running out of injector. I am seeing over 100% idc on 10psi. This is the same wall I was hitting with my 60lbs injectors. I figured I had maxed them out so I sold those and bought 80's. Now on the 80's, I hit the same wall at the same boost level. One of my tables does not have the correct values in it but I dont know what any of those figures mean. I can throw fuel at the VE table and it doesnt do anything. I know I am not out of injector. Also the car is on e85.
    Turbo C5 FRC

Tuner in Training
    Can I rent this dvd from the red box?
    Turbo C5 FRC

Sounds like your fuel pressure is dropping at WOT. Hook up a fuel pressure gauge & tape it to the windshield and do a WOT run.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Ok I'll have to. If it were dropping pressure would the duty cycle go through the roof though? I'm seeing over 100% dc.
    Turbo C5 FRC

How can they go above 100%, 100% is help full open.

Injector duty cycle is a calculation, so over 100% is possible. Seen it over 100% on stock tunes (6.2's and a 2004 GTP).

Russ Kemp

the log may say it's impossible, but would not be possible to actualy have it