Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg's DVD

Advanced Tuner

Greg's DVD

I bought Greg's DVD from Summit after not finding any other way to come up with all of the injector data for my SVO 30# (skinnies) injectors. I watched the DVD at least 4 times and and kept recreating different files and the results always came out the same so I know I didn't miss anything. It's not difficult to follow at all.

Anyway the car runs like crap now. Extremely lean on WOT excel and extremely rich on decel.

Has anyone else problems with the data? It run fine with just the IFR updated using the widely available injector spreadsheet and also with the injector scaling instructions on Robert's Nitrous Service web sight.

Not looking like money well spent at this point. Should have just has my stock injectors re-flowed...

Sarge

Well if you just plug the info in without retuning MAF/VE then it will run bad..... Did you retune it? Some of the injector info is VERY different compared with an excel file calculation. There are multipliers and pulse adders, etc that excel files do not account for. They just rescale the IFR table....

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Well if you just plug the info in without retuning MAF/VE then it will run bad..... ....
    yes...when i put the new data for my 60lb it was super lean .

you have to retune maf and ve .
    98 Z28
    stock ls1 engine,A4,Fast 90/90,SLP lid,Ms3 112LSA,LT Headers,TCI 3500stall,semens 60 inj,ASP under drive ,3.73 gear,11.82 1/4 .sold

Advanced Tuner
    No because read another thread on here that said tune VE and MAF, swap injectors then plug in Greg's data.

Another intraweb myth I guess...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Vette View Post
    No because read another thread on here that said tune VE and MAF, swap injectors then plug in Greg's data.

Thanks

+1 for injector data then ve then maf tuning.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Thanks
    That's only if they were tuned properly with correct injector data. Since the VE/MAF were tuned with incorrect injector data the VE and MAF are wrong to compensate for said bad injector data.

What they are saying is if you have good injector data and you tune your car, then change injectors, just input the new correct injector data and you should be good to go. That's not the case here.

Advanced Tuner
    That's only if they were tuned properly with correct injector data. Since the VE/MAF were tuned with incorrect injector data the VE and MAF are wrong to compensate for said bad injector data.

What they are saying is if you have good injector data and you tune your car, then change injectors, just input the new correct injector data and you should be good to go. That's not the case here.
    My car was tuned with the stock 28.8 injectors with the correct data for the stock injectors.

Isn't that what you are saying should work by just plugging in the new injector data and new injectors?

That's what they say. I was under the impression you tuned it on those injectors and then just changed the data.

My car was tuned with the stock 28.8 injectors with the correct data for the stock injectors.

Isn't that what you are saying should work by just plugging in the new injector data and new injectors?

post your tune.. or email it and have it verified that everything is correct.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

It's never the case.

If you tune a car on the stock injectors and plug in the 60 or 80 lb data, you are going to have some problems.

I have used his 30lb data and found it to work well.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

I am using his green top data and it works great after I tuned the VE and MAF....

If they work great then make the move to another injector and only change the injector data and see what you get... The VE and MAF will be taking up the error.
    Last edited by Frost; 11-01-2010 at 09:09 AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

I've used Greg's data to go from ZR1 injectors to tall SD 60s, and had to make VERY minor adjustments. I recently just went from SD 60s to SD 80s in a turbo F-body, using Greg's data both times. When going from the 60s to the 80s, I didn't have to change anything except some idle/extremely low load areas.

It's never a bad idea to check everything and adjust as neccessary though.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

The data for the 60s and 80s will not allow min pulse widths under 2.0mS. Stock cube motors will need 1.3 to 1.4mS to idle cleanly.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Okay I put in all of Greg's data except the Pulse adder and it runs great. Even used his minInj Pulse and defaultInj pulse. Big difference from just using the IFR and offset Voltage.

Dude. You got to use it all, man! no wonder it ran bad.

Advanced Tuner
    Since this is about using Greg's data I have a question about the short pulse adder. The X-axis numbers don't corespond to what is in my file so I use the closest one to it and put the data into HPtuners and it inputs a slightly different number than what I pasted. Is that normal? I don't want to do it all and find out I did something wrong. Using 42# green tops if it matters.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Since this is about using Greg's data I have a question about the short pulse adder. The X-axis numbers don't corespond to what is in my file so I use the closest one to it and put the data into HPtuners and it inputs a slightly different number than what I pasted. Is that normal? I don't want to do it all and find out I did something wrong. Using 42# green tops if it matters.
    Use the data in Greg's DVD to develop a mx+b equation, and then using that equation, use the labels from your tune to find the information. It's really easy.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Use the data in Greg's DVD to develop a mx+b equation, and then using that equation, use the labels from your tune to find the information. It's really easy.
    I think you lost me here. Why would he not have put it in a usable format to begin with?
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Advanced Tuner
    Dude. You got to use it all, man! no wonder it ran bad.
    I doesn't run bad anymore...