Thread: VCM says I'm not licensced

Tuner in Training

VCM says I'm not licensced

I liscenced my Truck A few weeks ago and today i'm trying to flash the PCM. when I write config it comes up with a window saying i'm not liscenced. All the vin info is the same as what shows in my "liscenced vehicles so will it re-liscence if I pick commit?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Infolog while connected to the vehicle in question & the .hpt file you are trying to write to the pcm to support at hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    something similar happens to me all the time and I choose show license options then it says you allready have a license for this file and away I go...

happened last night on a buddys ls1 camaro I have licensed , just dont go past the screen that has the red "attention" screen and you wont waste any credits
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Tuner in Training
    this crap just happend me on my buddies car when i know its licensed.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmanx View Post
    this crap just happend me on my buddies car when i know its licensed.
    Ping your interface, if its truely licensed then you'll be good to go once you ping the interface for its licenses.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    something similar happens to me all the time and I choose show license options then it says you allready have a license for this file and away I go...

happened last night on a buddys ls1 camaro I have licensed , just dont go past the screen that has the red "attention" screen and you wont waste any credits
    This, most often, occurs when you are using multiple interfaces and switching back and forth between them as the software has to generate a new license file each time you switch back & forth. There are a few other scenerios when this can happen but as you stated if you click the show license options button the software will ping the interface for its current licenses and will tell you something like "you already have a license for this file" or something to that respect so if you truely have a license for a specific file our software will, in fact, know this.

-Bill

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Ping your interface, if its truely licensed then you'll be good to go once you ping the interface for its licenses.
    i did that multiply times and it does not work it, i was tuning the Car so i know the computer is unlocked , then my computer crashed and i had to change my hard drive i re-downloaded hptuners and everything works fine but when i tryed to write my buddies file it does not work i have my paypal receipt to show you . i even used the previous code and it says -2 credits then i put the new key in and it still doesnt want to unlock the guys tune

thing i found the problem , but why is it reading the first part of his serial as 86 now instead of 11?

Last edited by darkmanx; 04-23-2011 at 01:22 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmanx View Post
    i did that multiply times and it does not work it, i was tuning the Car so i know the computer is unlocked , then my computer crashed and i had to change my hard drive i re-downloaded hptuners and everything works fine but when i tryed to write my buddies file it does not work i have my paypal receipt to show you . i even used the previous code and it says -2 credits then i put the new key in and it still doesnt want to unlock the guys tune

thing i found the problem , but why is it reading the first part of his serial as 86 now instead of 11?

Email support, the beta we compiled last night fixes this issue.