Thread: P1810, slam shifting, can HPT help?

Advanced Tuner

P1810, slam shifting, can HPT help?

I have a P1810 (Pressure Switch Manifold) Ses light. The car shifts really hard, like slam shifting a manual trans car. Feels really bad.
    I understand this is a default mode the car goes into.
    I took it up to the Trans shop. They plugged in their Diagnostic scanner, It said “the manifold pressure solenoid is malfunctioning” Sorry it’s not a direct quote.
    They did not have time to put up on a lift and check the real pressures. Or look for anything else.
    Reverse looked normal. Forward gears showed errors, I don’t remember exactly what was said or showed. It had to do with the “on-off, off-on-off, positions, etc…” with each of the settings. I don’t understand it.
    It will take about 4 hours of labor to pull the side panel and check to solenoid and they would also check for any other parts failing or need replacing.
    The trans was rebuilt a year ago (October) by the same folks.
    That will cost me approx $250.00. aint’ got it! Right now.
    So, in the mean time until the cash come in.
    Using HPT, Can I change the force motor currant to lessen the slamming of the shifts?
    Or, anything else that I can do?
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Advanced Tuner
    If you clear the code and drive does it come back on right away and go to max pressure? If so then it would seem that the pressure control solenoid has failed and is not capable of controlling the pressure. If thats the case changing the fmc tables would have no effect.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Advanced Tuner
    Yup, found that out.
    the lights been on for a day or two. I dropped the FMC by 30Ma may be a slight decrease in the slamming effect.
    On a side note with the decrease with the FMC there is a slight increase in the trans temp.
    I know the only right way is to get in there and replace the solenoid.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...