Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 08 ZO6 with F1R blower hitting a brick wall!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    No, scaling is the other option.
    Scaling is indded a good option but I think he'll still be exceeding the frequency limit with an F1 on a 427 with a 4" pipe. Not sure though.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Scaling is indded a good option but I think he'll still be exceeding the frequency limit with an F1 on a 427 with a 4" pipe. Not sure though.
    It's very possible. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it... the custom OS should come into play.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

It's very possible. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it... the custom OS should come into play.
    Yeah, I agree... I'm just going through the process of eliminations first to try to narrow it down. Another thing that was mentioned was that the F1 is running a stock procharger air filter and elbow, which might be a restriction. So we're going to run open blower and see what that does.

BTW. Which table are you saying to scale by 75%? IFR?? If I make that any smaller, the car is just going to be rich as hell.

Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.

Here, I linked you to it:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=scaling

I wouldn't even consider tuning that combination without using the 2.5bar OS.
    07 ZO6- warhawk 427/APS TT/HPT 2.5bar

[email protected]

Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.
    Go read the thread.

Here, I linked you to it:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=scaling
    After reading that entire thread, all I've got to say is that I don't get paid enough to work that hard!

I appreciate the link though. It's useful information, and I will definitely be giving it all a try after I stop scratching my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ChucksTuning View Post
    After reading that entire thread, all I've got to say is that I don't get paid enough to work that hard!

I appreciate the link though. It's useful information, and I will definitely be giving it all a try after I stop scratching my head.
    I can vouch for the system...it does work My Excel worksheet I posted above has blossomed and I can do both HPTuner and EFILive formats as I need to work both. The more you do, the clearer it gets.

Ed M

And I agree 2.5 Bar is the best way to go A good Dyno helps as well.
    Last edited by mowton; 11-02-2010 at 02:48 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    I can vouch for the system...it does work My Excel worksheet I posted above has blossomed and I can do both HPTuner and EFILive formats as I need to work both. The more you do,the cleare it gets.

Ed M

And I agree 2.5 Bar is the best way to go A good Dyno helps as well.
    Riddle me this and riddle me that... converting to the 2.5 bar SD OS will eliminate my need to do all the excessive scaling... is that correct?

BTW. I looked under the hood again today. The car does have aftermarket fuel rails and a return fuel system with upgraded fuel lines.

Set your COT ratio to the same as your leanest PE AFR. Boom, never worry about it again.
    Good idea. Gracias Amigo.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by ChucksTuning View Post
    Riddle me this and riddle me that... converting to the 2.5 bar SD OS will eliminate my need to do all the excessive scaling... is that correct?

BTW. I looked under the hood again today. The car does have aftermarket fuel rails and a return fuel system with upgraded fuel lines.
    You'll still have to scale. While it gives more room in the MAF, it doesn't raise the IFR limit.

With being a return system, the IFR will be the same at every pressure. You need to know what injectors they are and get your hands on the appropriate data.

I'll admit that I don't really mess with a lot of the parameters in the scaling list. I scale the IFR, MAF and spark tables and thats pretty much it. Sure to be spot on any airflow or airmass table should be scaled but thats not what we're trying to solve here. Try multiplying the IFR and the MAF tables by .7 and you should not be maxing out the MAF (at the same point anyway). If the problem disappears or shifts to a higher RPM then you have solved it. If it still falls on its face at the same place even though you're not maxing out the MAF anymore then it's something else.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 10-28-2010 at 01:19 PM.
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    I'll admit that I don't really mess with a lot of the parameters in the scaling list. I scale the MAF and spark tables and thats pretty much it. Sure to be spot on any airflow or airmass table should be scaled but thats not what we're trying to solve here. Try multiplying the IFR and the MAF tables by .7 and you should not be maxing out the MAF (at the same point anyway). If the problem disappears or shifts to a higher RPM then you have solved it. If it still falls on its face at the same place even though you're not maxing out the MAF anymore then it's something else.
    make sure you scale the spark table down as well, or you will be running WAY more spark if just scaling the IFR and MAF.

Yea, at a minimum cut the IFR and MAF by ~30% (multiply by .7) and then you will have to manually scale the spark table. IE: Whatever was in the .68 g/cyl row needs to go in the .48 row (.68x.7), so on and so forth.
    Bill Winters

Holy S*** things got complicated..... I think?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Advanced Tuner
    Just time consuming. But since it works then its worth the time

Eh I agree. I learned quite a few tips here on this thread.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Easy question Chuck... Have you logged fuel pressure?
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

Potential Tuner
    What shops in Houston do you tune for Chuck? Just wondering no hate here.
    Jeramey
    Litzman Racing