Thread: Injector Pulse Width data

Injector Pulse Width data

Is the logged Injector Pulse width the FINAL value after all the adders and etc?
    I know in the scanner, the actual PID is called Injector Pulse Width Avg B1 & B2.
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 PM for info...funny rear mount...father/son build.
    My STS build
    NEW: TC76, 69.65# FIC725, FPR, External Bosch 044, Moser 12 3.42,
    Manifolds, Forged Rods + Pistons,

Numbers to come...

That is real-time PW that is the final product of all of the adders and subtractors.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Is there a certain pulsewidth range we should look for? I think my green tops are at 2.something right now. is that to much?

Damn your good. That is the answer I was looking for. LOL.

Lambert695, at what battery voltage and MAP are you referring to? (now it gets complicated)

that seems about right though. Our high impedance injectors are good down to about 1.2x or so.
    My STS build

Numbers to come...

The only time is it's an issue is if you can't get down to stoich at idle or deep decel... 1.2mS is very low. I would not be confident saying that even all of the Siemens 60s or 80s will go that low. I have never run into an issue with them at that level, but I somewhat expect to see one.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    hmmm I think my battery voltage is around the mid 14's and I wanna say 50's for MAP. Then at idle my pulsewidth are around the low 2's msec. like everyone else i just put in my green tops and am pretty sure I have them close. Just trying to see before I start changing my VE and MAF tables. otherwise frost might be seeing my PCM again with a giant S.O.S. sticker on the front!

Quote Originally Posted by zl1killer View Post
    Is the logged Injector Pulse width the FINAL value after all the adders and etc?
    I know in the scanner, the actual PID is called Injector Pulse Width Avg B1 & B2.
    how do you like these 69# injectors, any problems making them idle? do they came with inj data? thanks
    2018 mustang gt a10 with headers and e85

The Injector Dynamics ID725 (725cc @ 43.5psi = 69.5LB/Hr ) is a great set of injectors. The pulsewidth on these can go as low as 1.25msec. Check out Injector dynamics website if you get a chance. And they came with ALL of the data, and Paul will even give you custom data if you provide him with the tables that you require.
    My STS build

Numbers to come...

Advanced Tuner
    Should you go below the Banish data? I have a lean tip in issue and I saw where you said instead of the transient fueling Steve to adjust the short pulse adder but what if they are accoding to the dvd data?

The item in transient I mentioned is an incorrectly labeled minimum pulsewidth. Greg's interpolation data will not allow the 60s or 80s to reach a low enough minimum pulse for most applications.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    So I should adjust them anyway is what your saying to meet my needs ?

If the car idles clean at commanded and you don't have some always-really-negative idle trims (if using CL) then you are fine. If you have a fat idle in OL and and are unable to achieve commanded stoich (again in OL) then you will need to get that minimum pulse width down.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    The item in transient I mentioned is an incorrectly labeled minimum pulsewidth. Greg's interpolation data will not allow the 60s or 80s to reach a low enough minimum pulse for most applications.
    I have noticed this

allright. i can only get my ipw down to 1.9 ms and i have read many a post on negative short pulse adders. i tried it and i got almost no response. i am at about 10% fat with 80# fords and a bone stock lq4 with a mp76 front mount. 38psi brfpr. can any of you guys shed some light on how to get like .3 more out. if i read the bubbles the offset table looks pretty inviting but i am not sure. my transient table has no data in it and the ve has very little to no effect down low. any tips?

Tuner in Training
    ttt, to find out about getting down to a 1.6 ipw? or just a way to get less than 1.9?
    99 red ss m6: 1 1/4 drop, aluminum flywheel, Mccloed adj master, B&M riper w/ cut stick, 4.10's, eradi speed rotors w/ hawk pads, Hp Tuners, LM-1, FAST 90/NW 90, Kooks LT's, costom 3" true duals

1/4-13.6 @ 101 mph stock

LSX Perfomance

search the transient tab under fuel control. it appears that not all pcms will have parameters in the tab. if not i have some data that got mine to go to 1.6.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro

This thread is about "Min Fuel Millgrams" :

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30932

and some wise words from the master himself :
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=251632
    Last edited by swebld; 12-11-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    C5-2000 MN6 LS2 block Tony Mamo FAST90+Ported LS2 TB 100mm MAF AFR 205 59cc CompCam 921 Yalla Terra G5X1 LG Pro Headers LG G2+T1 Chassie LG ducts MOVIT brakes - HPT&NGK AFX
    //Sweden

thanks for the links swebld. i have not seen the second one and it puts to rest much of the 80 debate.
    04 6.0 silvy china turbo
    87 gn
    03 stroker evo ww
    00 ss camaro