Thread: VATS DisAble

Lightbulb VATS DisAble

when Dodge/Chrysler is available for tuning , will you be able to Disable the VATS on HEMI 5.7L cars/trucks, cause the level of Anti-Theft system its at is similar to Mercedes-Benz.

The other day i needed to purchase for a 300C w/ a busted PCM in order to make it work "start" i needed to buy not only the PCM, but the Ignition Switch w/ the KEY FROM THE SAME CAR, surly a difficult situation and it took months, all due to Chrysler/Dodge PCMs not be Re-Programable so it can work with the busted PCMs KEY and Switch ,you can only UPDATE the darn busted or New PCM w/ a J2534 device, Lukily i found the Set of 3 parts at PAMs Auto Parts < Great by the way, and it started up great, so in other words only the Dealer has the power to do that.

AKA Anti Theft System on Dodge/Chrysler is a B#$@H

WE NEED VATS DISABLE
    Last edited by EFI 956; 10-16-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: MORE INFO

Sounds like you went through a lot of needless effort.

In a vehical with a functioning Security module(SKIM=Security Key Immobilizer Module) and key, all you needed was any old used PCM, the Vehical's 4 digit SKIM pin # and a DRBIII(factory scan tool).

Used PCMs can be easily flashed to the vehical's VIN so it'll match the VIN contained in the SKIM and start the car. The procedure takes all of 15 seconds.
    Last edited by duster360; 12-15-2010 at 03:47 PM.

I'm interested in this as well. I'm placing a 2006 hemi into a 1970 Cuda here and Dodges are new territory for me. I have done numerous GenIII GM swaps in classics, but this is the first Mopar.

All I have are 2005 truck and 2006 LX ECM's. How are security features turned off? Also, does anyone have any screen shots of tuning the mopars? Is it just like the GM layout and functionality?

If you need the SKIM shut off I can do that for you. Makes swaps easier.

Tuner in Training
    this is vats in dodge charger

So can this be done or bypassed with hp tuners if skim module and drbIII not accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by Moparking View Post
    If you need the SKIM shut off I can do that for you. Makes swaps easier.
    PM Sent
    Lead Design and Implementation Engineer - Tactical Speed Solutions

Advanced Tuner
    SKIM can be disabled with HPT "System>General>Security".

Tuner in Training
    I have a read off of 3 ECM's and they all say SKIM is enable in VCM Editor (beta) when in fact it is not?

Advanced Tuner
    So are you wanting for it to be enabled or disabled?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry Mark, I wasn't thinking when I posted to this thread. I thought my reads were showing the SKIM was "Enabled", when in fact it is showing "Enable" telling me that it is currently disabled and giving me the option to enable it. FWIW I am not trying to do anything with SKIM, I was just trying to help here thinking there was a bug in the system.

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys I know this is an old thread just checking I have a 07 chrysler 300c 5.7 hemi and the SKIM has immobilised the vehicle is this something that my tuner will be able to access with HPT and disable or reset.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt View Post
    Hi guys I know this is an old thread just checking I have a 07 chrysler 300c 5.7 hemi and the SKIM has immobilised the vehicle is this something that my tuner will be able to access with HPT and disable or reset.
    No.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.