Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To: 4L60/65E trans tuning. Shifting/TCC/TM (w/ Pics)

Good to hear, glad I could help.
    -SOLD- 1999 Pewter Metallic Camaro SS. LS1/M6. True Dual Full Exhaust/LS7 clutch/MGW/Lid/Poly/Self tune.
    -SOLD- 2006 Quicksilver Metallic GTO. LS2/A4. Cam/Exhaust/Stall. 11.74@116, 1.61 60ft +2,000 DA
    -SOLD- 2013 Arctic White Corvette LS3/M6. Stock. 12.5 @ 116, 2.01 60ft +2,000 DA

Does everyone wish that the A6 was as easy to tune as the A4 lol
    Last edited by Phil'sC5Vette; 04-27-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Even though I dont have half of those tables on mine (99z), this is still a great write up, and helped me with a few questions I had. Good job man and thanks!
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Thanks CoolAid for a great write up. I have a dumb question. Should i copy the changes that were made to the shift point mph and tcc lock up mph to the hot, cruise, and performance sections. I made the changes in the normal section, but do you just leave those other named sections alone??

I copy them to performance usually for shits and giggles even though my car doesnt have a "performance mode". Some cars do though like Grand Ams or what not. Not really sure.

Leave the Hot tables alone as they provide protection. You don't want your car getting all high performance-y anyway when the high temperature thresholds have been hit.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. Glad its helping people out. This is probably enough feedback for this to be added to the auto trans "how to" sticky so people don't have to dig for it. Lets hope it makes it there
    -SOLD- 1999 Pewter Metallic Camaro SS. LS1/M6. True Dual Full Exhaust/LS7 clutch/MGW/Lid/Poly/Self tune.
    -SOLD- 2006 Quicksilver Metallic GTO. LS2/A4. Cam/Exhaust/Stall. 11.74@116, 1.61 60ft +2,000 DA
    -SOLD- 2013 Arctic White Corvette LS3/M6. Stock. 12.5 @ 116, 2.01 60ft +2,000 DA

Tuner
    Great guide, thank you!
    Although I must ask - HPTuners says all torque reductions are in %, but you say they are in lb*ft??
    LS1 383ci 98' FBody, turboed, 00' PCM, 4L80E, 90# FIC injectors
    110ci Nissan 200SX, 25psi, 370whp

Thanks for your time.
    I just used some of the tips you show here.
    Ricardo
    1996 A4 FBody with LS7 swap

Advanced Tuner

need some help figureing this out

Coolaid can you look at these 2 tune files and tell me what is wong with the one labled new_vetune_reefcoupe. for some reason it wants to start in 2nd gear and doesn't have a first gear. if you manually shift it to first it act like it locks up or something. I can load the second tune and it shift fine and acts great. the tune that the trans works good on is labled reefbluecoupeconversion. I have tried swapping back and forth on the tunes and definetly seems it has to be something to do with the tune.

The only difference I see is in trans diagnostics table under TCC clear min slip rpm. The tune that works is set to -20 the other is set to 0. i tried changeing it to -20 but it wouldn't let me it just keeps going back to 0. Not sure if that has anything to do with the problem or not. I also have the file that doesn't work set up to Ve tune the car so the mass air is disabled.

Curious why this has not been put in threads of note.

Great Write Up.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD 3SS, Keystone Camaro SS Style Hood, LS1 Dual Fans, LS7 TB, 80lbs Injectors, Meth Injection, TVS2300 @14lbs, Innovators West 10% Overdrive 8-Rib Crank Pulley & T-Mac's 2.9" RIP 8-Rib Pulley, A.R.H. Stainless a Steel 1 7/8" W/Cats and a Full Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust, Tune Time's Blower Cam

Senior Tuner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    Does everyone wishh the A6 were as easy as the A4 lol
    I paid $65 ($99 today!) to www.TheTuningSchool.com for their step by step explanation instructions with Hp Tuners screen shots for the A6 trans. Well worth it!
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner in Training

Great Write-UP!

Took a lot of time and went through this thread and explanations for a while. Can't say anything other than Great Documentation and Screen Shot Explanations! Very informative. Best thread I've read through to date!
    DD 2009 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L Stock ~41.5 lbs/hr @ 43.5 psi injectors
    Transmission Type: 6L80 (E?) Automatic with Active Fuel Management

I had to hunt around a for a few things, maybe because I have a later version of software - 2.23.446 or different transmission(?) but was able to work through a lot of things and figure them out. Do have a few questions maybe someone can help me with.
    1) My Max Pressure for the "Shift Pressure Other" seems really high - is this normal for my transmission(pic attached)?
    2) One of my issues is the normal / WOT Manual shift "pause" going between gears - take a big breath then it changes - anyone have recommendations on how short the "Desired Shift Time Base Upshift - Normal" should be - and when do the "Special" parameters get used (there the same so just don't get that!)

There appear to be a whole LOT MORE parameters on my transmission. Anyone got some pointers where I'll see / feel some changes without toasting the transmission?

Tuner
    Good work CoolAid.

Sorry if I missed it, but looking to see what the concensus is on "desired shift time" when using a shift kit? Without a shift kit I normally multiply by 0.5.

Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    So i copied everything lol! I am building a thridgen lsx turbo. The trans has been completely gone through and everything i could put in to make it last has been put in. Im hoping these numbers give me a pretty solid base line tune. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. It helped me a lot. Friday should should be the first day i get to drive the car around so im pretty stoked. Im not sure how long the trans is going to hold 650-700rwhp though. Any advice on breaking it in nice and easy so it lasts???

Potential Tuner
    My transmission is wanting to down shift every time i roll into the throttle rather it be 2nd or 3rd. Whats the best way to fix this? Just adjusting my tps vs mph vs gear?

Tuner
    Good write up

Tuner in Training
    perfect write up great job

Potential Tuner
    Great write up! I know its an older thread, but still relevant! Now, does anyone have a write up like this for calibrating the MAF on an LS2 after mods, ie heads, cam, LT headers??
    Eradicator
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    AFR LSX Heads;XFI RPM Hi-Lift Cam
    SLP Dual Cat Back
    Kooks Long Tube 1 3/4 headers w/ Kooks cats
    HPT Pro
    PCM of NC 3 relay Dual Spal fans; 4" DYI intake; LS7 MAF

Great Write up! My Pattern B WOT Shift Speed is maxed 318. What would we change that to? Do we make changes to pattern Y, Z?
    Last edited by TexasGMC08; 10-20-2014 at 09:38 PM.